• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Threating email?

celticredneck

Not sure where I should post this, so mods feel free to move it to the proper place.

Anyhow I received an email from someone called slicetiger. I opened it and it was an email saying that someone "very close to me had hired him to kill me, ande that I shouldn't go out anywhere after 7pm. It is more than likely that it is some pimple faced kid playing around on the internet. However I am going to go back to carrying every time I go out. I haven't been because I have trouble keeping my pants up after losing nearly 40 pounds after being in the hospital for 11 days and having weekly chemo since the end of October. I'll just have to wear my hunting suspenders everywhere I go.

Back to the email, isn't it a felony in most states to threaten someone over the internet? A reserve officer who is an officer in my senior golf group says that is and that I should notify the va state police and possibly forward it to them. I tried calling one office and was told I had to call the office in the division where my county was located. Then the lady I was speaking with gave me a wrong number. I finally managed to find the right one only to find that the office was closed.I guess I'll wait until tomorrow and try again. I just hope no stranger shows up at my door tonight. They might just find themselves staring at a cocked and loaded 1911..

DrakeZ07

Not sure where I should post this, so mods feel free to move it to the proper place.

Anyhow I received an email from someone called slicetiger. I opened it and it was an email saying that someone "very close to me had hired him to kill me, ande that I shouldn't go out anywhere after 7pm. It is more than likely that it is some pimple faced kid playing around on the internet. However I am going to go back to carrying every time I go out. I haven't been because I have trouble keeping my pants up after losing nearly 40 pounds after being in the hospital for 11 days and having weekly chemo since the end of October. I'll just have to wear my hunting suspenders everywhere I go.

Back to the email, isn't it a felony in most states to threaten someone over the internet? A reserve officer who is an officer in my senior golf group says that is and that I should notify the va state police and possibly forward it to them. I tried calling one office and was told I had to call the office in the division where my county was located. Then the lady I was speaking with gave me a wrong number. I finally managed to find the right one only to find that the office was closed.I guess I'll wait until tomorrow and try again. I just hope no stranger shows up at my door tonight. They might just find themselves staring at a cocked and loaded 1911..

It's a trap, and a troll writing it, ignore and shrug it off.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
It's a trap, and a troll writing it, ignore and shrug it off.

I agree. If the person continues to threaten you and notes specific things about you or where you live, then that might be a reason for concern. At this point it is most likely a prank. At least it spurred you to start carrying again.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Disagree - likely falls under the assault laws and constitutes a threat - and I take all/any such threats seriously.

Would report it to the proper authorities with all details - save the email. It will contain properties, details, and routing info that will likely lead the authorities directly to his front door.

It is not an acceptable prank to threaten to kill someone - nor should be brushed aside so lightly.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Disagree - likely falls under the assault laws and constitutes a threat - and I take all/any such threats seriously.

Would report it to the proper authorities with all details - save the email. It will contain properties, details, and routing info that will likely lead the authorities directly to his front door.

It is not an acceptable prank to threaten to kill someone - nor should be brushed aside so lightly.

I agree that it is not an acceptable prank. I agree that he should be cautious and perhaps save the email. From the OP there is nothing to suggest that the threat is credible. The writer did not give any specific details such as the OP's name, location, habits, friends, schedule, place of employment, etc. From the information presented it appears to be a random email. If the OP truly feels threatened, then I suppose he should report it, although I don't think that is the case here.

Besides all that and on a less serious note- What hitman announces that he is coming?

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I agree that it is not an acceptable prank. I agree that he should be cautious and perhaps save the email. From the OP there is nothing to suggest that the threat is credible. The writer did not give any specific details such as the OP's name, location, habits, friends, schedule, place of employment, etc. From the information presented it appears to be a random email. If the OP truly feels threatened, then I suppose he should report it, although I don't think that is the case here.

Besides all that and on a less serious note- What hitman announces that he is coming?

So the individual should get a free pass because the receipient wasn't scared toooo badly - just concerned enough to start carrying his gun again.

In a past life, I had people moved from general population to much more secure circumstances for less and had their custody status within the system changed. I also saw the results when the administration did not heed the warnings and yes it all came to fruition eventually - tragically so.

Life on the inside mirrors life on the outside. Some things do not warrant a "get out of jail free card".

Oh yes, and they gave advance notice of their intent and how it would be accomplished. They fulfilled that to the letter. The Captain attacked sat on the sidewalk trying to hold his insides in with his hands - he survived barely - never worked again, he was broken mentally and physically.

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
So the individual should get a free pass because the receipient wasn't scared toooo badly - just concerned enough to start carrying his gun again.

In a past life, I had people moved from general population to much more secure circumstances for less and had their custody status within the system changed. I also saw the results when the administration did not heed the warnings and yes it all came to fruition eventually - tragically so.

Life on the inside mirrors life on the outside. Some things do not warrant a "get out of jail free card".

Oh yes, and they gave advance notice of their intent and how it would be accomplished. They fulfilled that to the letter.

We agree on everything except the seriousness of the threat.

I agree that you very well may be correct. I accept and understand your opinion. I think you could agree that I also may be correct. In the end, it is up to the OP to decide what he needs to do.

You are the last person on this forum that I would want to get into a debate with. I say this solely based on my respect for you.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We agree on everything except the seriousness of the threat.

I agree that you very well may be correct. I accept and understand your opinion. I think you could agree that I also may be correct. In the end, it is up to the OP to decide what he needs to do.

You are the last person on this forum that I would want to get into a debate with. I say this solely based on my respect for you.

What we both agree to in this discussion is that we each have the right to make our own choices based on what need motivates us. I will always respect that...............even if I bang my head against the wall. It is still not my call, the decision rests where it should be - with celticredneck.

Consider 99.7% of those here my brothers - we are family.

OC for ME

Call a cop. Believe it or not, cops are taking this stuff pretty seriously. Kids off-ing themselves due to crap posted on the Interwebs. Just cuz it's in a e-mail does not mean there is one iota of a difference to a cop.

If the source sent it to you, they will/could send it to anyone, may have already.

CALL A COP!!