Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville NC OC meet March 31st (Tentative Date)

Jacksonville NC OC meet April 13/14/15 (Tentative Date)

Hi everyone. I am pretty new to the forums and just recently posted and was told I should make a separate one so here goes. I know there are a few people interested in doing a meet and greet to include myself. I would like to throw it out there maybe the weekend of April 13th. We would have to find out a time and meeting place but I believe that can be worked out over the course of next week. I am a brand new owner of my first handgun and would like to meet others that have open carried and have a little more experience than I. If you have any ideas or suggestions please post them.

Info:
    Meeting Date - April 13/14/15 (tentative)
    Time - TBD
    Place - TBD

Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by c1ph3r88; 04-09-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Regular Member SPRINGFIELD_45_ACP's Avatar

Jacksonville NC OC meet March 31st (Tentative Date)

Hello.. Its been awhile since Jacksonville,NC had a open carry meet and greet.. I would be interested in a get together when the time & place is right...Thanks

I' am new to this site and interested as well

Hello Springfield. Long time no see.

In times past we have met at either Cracker Barrel, or a local burger joint, the name of which escapes me at the moment. I live in New Bern, and J'ville isn't too far for me.

Banned
    I live in new Bern as well and i don't know if this fell through but anyone want to meet up in the new Bern neck of the woods? Gun show is today and tomorrow.

Yeah I am sorry about that. I had an unexpected emergency come up and was out of town for the week. If you want just send me a PM and let me know if you are interested.

I live on the 24 side of Newport and always interested in meeting up with like minded people.

Hey guys, just found this forum today... so glad i did. Although it seems i just missed a meet, we should have another before too long. I'm actually OC'ing in Jville right now... lol

Banned
    Anyone willing to do something in new Bern.

when you got in mind?

wabbit

I'd be willing to go up the road to New Bern for something.

You guys planning anything for this weekend? I will be in the Jacksonville area from friday night till monday. My brother and his wife are at the base hospital right now awaiting their first child.... I'm very excited, but can only take baby staring for so long . So if y'all plan an OC event this weekend I'm sure I can find time to sneak away for a bit.
    Last edited by aosailor; 04-05-2012 at 10:20 AM.

well congrats on becoming an uncle...

wabbit
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

Congrats on becoming an uncle.

I'm not aware of any group plans, personal plans are semi-busy. Take kids to Easter event Saturday morning at the assisted living my wife works at, Sunday afternoon is Easter dinner with the in-laws [yay...], some point in time between all that I'm taking my wife to a range to teach her how to shoot.

If anyone wants to have a get together let me know and I'll do what I can to show up. If I wasn't so up in the air with things I'd just see about picking a place and time range and see who shows up.

be sure to post if anything is decided upon! Im open tonight or tmrw. I'd be nice to mix it up with some fellow OC'ers

I think with the holiday weekend everyone is with their families. Since there is a good little bit of interest how about we try to arrange something around next weekend? I have been hearing that Cracker Barrel is the place to go.

There is a Cracker Barrel nearby? Haven't been to one in awhile so I'm more then game for a meetup at one.

Quote Originally Posted by c1ph3r88 View Post
    Hi everyone. I am pretty new to the forums and just recently posted and was told I should make a separate one so here goes. I know there are a few people interested in doing a meet and greet to include myself. I would like to throw it out there maybe the weekend of April 13th. We would have to find out a time and meeting place but I believe that can be worked out over the course of next week. I am a brand new owner of my first handgun and would like to meet others that have open carried and have a little more experience than I. If you have any ideas or suggestions please post them.

Info:
    Meeting Date - April 13/14/15 (tentative)
    Time - TBD
    Place - TBD

Thanks for your time.
    I Live in Jacksonville and have completed the required Concealed Carry permit requirements. In the class for the CCP my instructor went over many of the NC laws as far as open carry and concealed carry go. I also have a workbook with notes i took in the class and the information one would need to safely and legally open carry in NC. I would also love for an open carry group to meet up and discuss laws (as they constantly change) and policies and even places of business that refuse to serve those that choose to open carry.

Well, how about having a meet and greet dinner in May, sometime after the 15th. I will be back from Overseas by then, and am truly missing the feel of my 45. Just don't like this Barretta.... Cracker Barrell sounds AWESOME!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DocWest8404 View Post
    Well, how about having a meet and greet dinner in May, sometime after the 15th. I will be back from Overseas by then, and am truly missing the feel of my 45. Just don't like this Barretta.... Cracker Barrell sounds AWESOME!!!!!
    I'm game, looking forward to meeting fellow OCers and talk shop [Granted I'll most likely be listening 90% of the time to the more experienced ones.] Cracker Barrell sounds good and as much as I personally dislike J-ville, I'll tolerate the outskirts for this.

I'll save the "Welcome Home" bit for when your boots are back on this side of the pond, I don't miss it over there.

Well, go ahead and fire off that welcome home if you would like. I got back on Sunday, almost 2 weeks earlier than expected. So lets kick this and set up a get together........

as a thought...might ping a moderator to change the title from the 31st of march...

wabbit
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

The only time I have left is this weekend. So I will definitely be out and about. If anyone wants to meet up just drop me a message and I will PM my number.

Welcome back DocWest8404, glad you returned safe.

I should be free most of the weekend, only thing I have going on is dropping off and picking up my son sometime saturday for driver's ed. -shudders-

Side note: Been wearing my new southpaw BlackHawk SERPA CQC for my 6906... how in the world did I ever get by without this holster?
    Last edited by PrestonW; 05-10-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Well, my weekend is pretty hammered, Son's birthday party tomorrow and then my "non-Home Coming" party starting at about 1900. Then of course Mother's Day on Sunday. Maybe sometime next weekend.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast