• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jacksonville NC OC meet March 31st (Tentative Date)

c1ph3r88

Jacksonville NC OC meet April 13/14/15 (Tentative Date)

Hi everyone. I am pretty new to the forums and just recently posted and was told I should make a separate one so here goes. I know there are a few people interested in doing a meet and greet to include myself. I would like to throw it out there maybe the weekend of April 13th. We would have to find out a time and meeting place but I believe that can be worked out over the course of next week. I am a brand new owner of my first handgun and would like to meet others that have open carried and have a little more experience than I. If you have any ideas or suggestions please post them.

Info:
Meeting Date - April 13/14/15 (tentative)
Time - TBD
Place - TBD

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Bearfoot

Hello Springfield.:) Long time no see.

In times past we have met at either Cracker Barrel, or a local burger joint, the name of which escapes me at the moment. I live in New Bern, and J'ville isn't too far for me.

1j9l9f0

Banned
I live in new Bern as well and i don't know if this fell through but anyone want to meet up in the new Bern neck of the woods? Gun show is today and tomorrow.

c1ph3r88

Yeah I am sorry about that. I had an unexpected emergency come up and was out of town for the week. If you want just send me a PM and let me know if you are interested.

byrnie_mac

Hey guys, just found this forum today... so glad i did. Although it seems i just missed a meet, we should have another before too long. I'm actually OC'ing in Jville right now... lol

aosailor

You guys planning anything for this weekend? I will be in the Jacksonville area from friday night till monday. My brother and his wife are at the base hospital right now awaiting their first child.... I'm very excited, but can only take baby staring for so long :D. So if y'all plan an OC event this weekend I'm sure I can find time to sneak away for a bit.

Last edited:

PrestonW

Congrats on becoming an uncle.

I'm not aware of any group plans, personal plans are semi-busy. Take kids to Easter event Saturday morning at the assisted living my wife works at, Sunday afternoon is Easter dinner with the in-laws [yay...], some point in time between all that I'm taking my wife to a range to teach her how to shoot.

If anyone wants to have a get together let me know and I'll do what I can to show up. If I wasn't so up in the air with things I'd just see about picking a place and time range and see who shows up.

c1ph3r88

I think with the holiday weekend everyone is with their families. Since there is a good little bit of interest how about we try to arrange something around next weekend? I have been hearing that Cracker Barrel is the place to go.

PrestonW

There is a Cracker Barrel nearby? Haven't been to one in awhile so I'm more then game for a meetup at one.

swerved2late

Hi everyone. I am pretty new to the forums and just recently posted and was told I should make a separate one so here goes. I know there are a few people interested in doing a meet and greet to include myself. I would like to throw it out there maybe the weekend of April 13th. We would have to find out a time and meeting place but I believe that can be worked out over the course of next week. I am a brand new owner of my first handgun and would like to meet others that have open carried and have a little more experience than I. If you have any ideas or suggestions please post them.

Info:
Meeting Date - April 13/14/15 (tentative)
Time - TBD
Place - TBD

Thanks for your time.

I Live in Jacksonville and have completed the required Concealed Carry permit requirements. In the class for the CCP my instructor went over many of the NC laws as far as open carry and concealed carry go. I also have a workbook with notes i took in the class and the information one would need to safely and legally open carry in NC. I would also love for an open carry group to meet up and discuss laws (as they constantly change) and policies and even places of business that refuse to serve those that choose to open carry.

DocWest8404

Well, how about having a meet and greet dinner in May, sometime after the 15th. I will be back from Overseas by then, and am truly missing the feel of my 45. Just don't like this Barretta.... Cracker Barrell sounds AWESOME!!!!!

PrestonW

Well, how about having a meet and greet dinner in May, sometime after the 15th. I will be back from Overseas by then, and am truly missing the feel of my 45. Just don't like this Barretta.... Cracker Barrell sounds AWESOME!!!!!

I'm game, looking forward to meeting fellow OCers and talk shop [Granted I'll most likely be listening 90% of the time to the more experienced ones.] Cracker Barrell sounds good and as much as I personally dislike J-ville, I'll tolerate the outskirts for this.

I'll save the "Welcome Home" bit for when your boots are back on this side of the pond, I don't miss it over there.