Thread: Gun Boom Continues Despite Florida Shooting. Washington FreeBeacon.com

Herr Heckler Koch

Gun Boom Continues Despite Florida Shooting. Washington FreeBeacon.com

http://freebeacon.com/gun-boom-conti...rida-shooting/
    Quote Originally Posted by Washington Free Beacon staff
    Despite calls for stricter guns laws in response to the shooting of Trayvon Martin, firearm stocks are soaring as gun companies struggle to keep up with high demand. ... Shares of Sturm Ruger & Co. (RGR) were up as high as 14 percent Thursday ... Shares of rival firearm maker Smith & Wesson (SWHC) were similarly up about 13 percent Thursday ... said Michael Hammond, legislative counsel for Gun Owners of America. ďGovernment by lynch mob hasnít worked particularly well in this country when itís been employed, and I donít think itís going to work now.Ē

Herr Heckler Koch

Boom times roll on for U.S. gun business. WSJ MarketWatch.com

OK....OK....I admit, that I am actively engaged in assisting these companies in their efforts to increase their profits. So, I am contributing to the 'gun boom' from the consumer side.

Buy stock in Sturm-Ruger and S&W, you'll thank me later.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    OK....OK....I admit, that I am actively engaged in assisting these companies in their efforts to increase their profits. So, I am contributing to the 'gun boom' from the consumer side.

Buy stock in Sturm-Ruger and S&W, you'll thank me later.

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR), announced today that for the first quarter 2012, the Company has received orders for more than one million units. Therefore, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders.

Chief Executive Officer Michael O. Fifer made the following comments: .............
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?