• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Boom Continues Despite Florida Shooting. Washington FreeBeacon.com

H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://freebeacon.com/gun-boom-continues-despite-florida-shooting/
Washington Free Beacon staff said:
Despite calls for stricter guns laws in response to the shooting of Trayvon Martin, firearm stocks are soaring as gun companies struggle to keep up with high demand. ... Shares of Sturm Ruger & Co. (RGR) were up as high as 14 percent Thursday ... Shares of rival firearm maker Smith & Wesson (SWHC) were similarly up about 13 percent Thursday ... said Michael Hammond, legislative counsel for Gun Owners of America. “Government by lynch mob hasn’t worked particularly well in this country when it’s been employed, and I don’t think it’s going to work now.”

OC for ME

OK....OK....I admit, that I am actively engaged in assisting these companies in their efforts to increase their profits. So, I am contributing to the 'gun boom' from the consumer side.

Buy stock in Sturm-Ruger and S&W, you'll thank me later.

Whitney

OK....OK....I admit, that I am actively engaged in assisting these companies in their efforts to increase their profits. So, I am contributing to the 'gun boom' from the consumer side.

Buy stock in Sturm-Ruger and S&W, you'll thank me later.

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR), announced today that for the first quarter 2012, the Company has received orders for more than one million units. Therefore, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders.

Chief Executive Officer Michael O. Fifer made the following comments: .............