• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A NEW Protest at JMU on April 2nd, 12012 2PM - 5PM

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

From Va-Alert posting by VCDL President, Philip Van Cleave:

Sorry for the short notice, I needed to wait for final confirmation from James Madison University before making this announcement.

Now that the legislative season is almost wound down, it's time to cast our eyes back at universities and colleges.

Announcing "JMU SCCC and VCDL: Operation Campus Safety II"

JMU Students for Concealed Carry on Campus (SCCC) in conjunction with VCDL, will have an information table in the JMU Commons area supporting the right of students, faculty, staff, and guests with Concealed Handgun Permits to be able to carry on campus, including the buildings. We will also continue to press "No guns? No funds!" to the alumni and other donors.

We will need volunteers for the table and to generally talk to students and hand out literature from 2 PM to 5 PM. Visitors should go to the Champions Drive parking lot and speak with Parking Services to get a parking pass.

Later in the day I will be an invited speaker. The title of the talk is "Lives at stake - the importance of concealed carry on campus." The talk will also consider the recent court decision holding VT liable for 8 million dollars for the Cho massacre and Colorado universities now being required to honor CHPs.

The event, which will be open to the public, will be from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM in ISAT 159, on the east side of campus. It's the large building with the tall James Madison statue out front. Enter the front doors and take a right at the first large hallway and the room will be on the right.

VCDL: it's time to push for liberty at a school named for James Madison! Let's do this in his honor. As James Madison would acknowledge, lives are indeed in the balance.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
That is a week from Monday, ladies and gentlemen!

Time is short - the need is great. The cause is very important and just.

Juggle your schedule if you can - tell your friends and family - we need some activity for this one!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
The "I will be an invited speaker" referenced in the post above is not Ed, but Philip Van Cleave.

Anyone need a ride from the Alexandria area?

Snazuolu

being this is on a college, i assume we cant carry so i guess i wonder how much of an impact this will make

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Why would you assume that? JMU has no administrative code prohibiting carry by the general public, the only thing they can do is kick out students from JMU and employees who violate their university policy.

Fixed it for you :D

If you attend any other school, you are just like the rest of us, free citizens of the Commonwealth who have not been deprived of our right to defend ourselves.

Now is your chance to educate the educators on what it means to be a Virginian, that right to make your own choices without having to [strike]lie[/strike] lay down your principles.

Adult students are no different when they step foot over the curb onto JMU property - they vote and serve their country. They are responsible members of our society and deserve to be treated as such.

See if you can find any of your friends or neighbors in this short video - this is the young America that know.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD4RFjmlzcQ&feature=related

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Turns out I won't be able to make it after all - high-priority home repairs and workmen will be here tomorrow.

I WILL get to one of these.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Jmu

I was expecting anti's, bad cops, snotty Administration. I was geared for fun. It flat didn't happen.

The young adults with SCCC were there and ready to work. VCDL was there and ready to work. The Students were receptive and 90% seemed in favor of the idea.

I'd have to classify this event as one Hell of a success!
More later.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
A real quick look at a few of the SCCC fellows:

[video=vimeo;39670147]http://vimeo.com/39670147[/video]

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
LOL

Prob'ly just because you had a Big Gun!

Like your new avatar, BTW

No, I left the gun in the car. I usually do when I'm videoing someplace that I may have to video the Cops. If I get locked up, I'd rather they didn't get any cooties on my gun.