Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Greater Richmond OC Breakfast 3/24/12 - NEW LOCATION

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Exclamation Greater Richmond OC Breakfast 3/24/12 - NEW LOCATION

    By popular demand we are moving the location of the Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Saturday 3/24/12 to Nick's Roman Terrace restaurant in the Westland Shopping Center on Broad Street Road - just East of Parham Road. 8051 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA

    http://virginiacurrents.com/richmond...4-270-2988/map

    Certain parties that have been mildly whinging about the food at the other location says this place is good, inexpensive, and asserts they are OC-friendly. We will find out tomorrow.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  2. #2
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    By popular demand we are moving the location of the Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Saturday 3/24/12 to Nick's Roman Terrace restaurant in the Westland Shopping Center on Broad Street Road - just East of Parham Road. 8051 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA

    http://virginiacurrents.com/richmond...4-270-2988/map

    Certain parties that have been mildly whinging about the food at the other location says this place is good, inexpensive, and asserts they are OC-friendly. We will find out tomorrow.

    stay safe.
    Gonna Rain Da&^it!
    I'll be there, might head back this afternoon to cut the burb grass.
    Last edited by peter nap; 03-23-2012 at 12:38 PM.

  3. #3
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Greater Richmond OC Breakfast, Saturday, 3/24/12, 9:30 am


    Nick's Roman Terrace
    Westland Shopping Center.....
    Directions
    8051 W Broad St
    Richmond, VA 23294
    (804) 270-2988


    That whinging you heard Skid was because my gears need lubricating.

    Food was really great and Momma herself invited me back and asked me to bring my friends so............


    Relative of yours Peter?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  4. #4
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Greater Richmond OC Breakfast, Saturday, 3/24/12, 9:30 am


    Nick's Roman Terrace
    Westland Shopping Center.....
    Directions
    8051 W Broad St
    Richmond, VA 23294
    (804) 270-2988


    That whinging you heard Skid was because my gears need lubricating.

    Food was really great and Momma herself invited me back and asked me to bring my friends so............


    Relative of yours Peter?
    Sorta...At least I got in 3 days this week.

  5. #5
    Regular Member riverrat10k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    on a rock in the james river
    Posts
    1,453

    Interesting

    Of what does a Roman breakfast consist?

  6. #6
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat10k View Post
    Of what does a Roman breakfast consist?
    Eggs anyway you like them and gently so, delicious home fries, bacon, knock-your-sox-off home made bisquits - full breakfast menu of all expected goodies - great coffee. The chef (young fella) will likely come out and ask you how you liked everything too.

    Prices are very much in line with other breakfast locations.

    Give them a try - think you'll enjoy it. Looking at it for an OC dinner too, sometime in the future. Have been there for other dinners and OCd, so I already knew that would not be a problem.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  7. #7
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    I'm up, I'll get dressed in a little and have some editing to do, then need to do a little work with the lathe (I finally started building my cannon) before I go, then I'll head over.

  8. #8
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I'm up, I'll get dressed in a little and have some editing to do, then need to do a little work with the lathe (I finally started building my cannon) before I go, then I'll head over.
    New carry gun or rolling stock?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  9. #9
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    New carry gun or rolling stock?
    Swivel gun for those trips to town!

  10. #10
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Swivel gun for those trips to town!
    Likely I might have a suggestion as to the loading
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171

    Seriously??????

    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Eggs anyway you like them and gently so, delicious home fries, bacon, knock-your-sox-off home made bisquits - full breakfast menu of all expected goodies - great coffee. The chef (young fella) will likely come out and ask you how you liked everything too.

    Prices are very much in line with other breakfast locations.

    Give them a try - think you'll enjoy it. Looking at it for an OC dinner too, sometime in the future. Have been there for other dinners and OCd, so I already knew that would not be a problem.
    I had to "honey do" this weekend and you guys pick my favorite restaurant in Richmond for breakfast??????

    I love the Sausage gravy deluxe!!!! (on a Nick's roll it is outstanding)

    If you guys think breakfast is good, try the other items on the menu. Greek Spaghetti is a regular for the wife and I think they make the best Calamari in the city.

    Cathy and Tony are good people and I have been eating there for 30+ years. The dinner rolls are the best in the city!

    Good choice guys!!!!

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    By popular demand we are moving the location of the Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Saturday 3/24/12 to Nick's Roman Terrace restaurant in the Westland Shopping Center on Broad Street Road - just East of Parham Road. 8051 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA

    http://virginiacurrents.com/richmond...4-270-2988/map

    Certain parties that have been mildly whinging about the food at the other location says this place is good, inexpensive, and asserts they are OC-friendly. We will find out tomorrow.

    stay safe.
    I never whined, simply stated that Nick's was better. It will be a great addition to the OC dinner locations.

  13. #13
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    I never whined, simply stated that Nick's was better. It will be a great addition to the OC dinner locations.
    Not a bad place but the coffee ws weak and without looking I said "Thank you Mam" to the waitress who protested and when I looked at her...she was a he

    We had a fellow come up outside and say "The kids want to know why you have guns on".

    I forget what Skid said to him

    The omelet was good and the owner was friendly.

  14. #14
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Not a bad place but the coffee ws weak and without looking I said "Thank you Mam" to the waitress who protested and when I looked at her...she was a he

    We had a fellow come up outside and say "The kids want to know why you have guns on".

    I forget what Skid said to him

    The omelet was good and the owner was friendly.
    He said that we would tip over without them. I don't have that problem, but I will levitate without sufficient ballast.

    The group with the kids didn't seem concerned at all - they stood around talking within mere feet of us for a considerable time.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171

    Wind anchor

    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    He said that we would tip over without them. I don't have that problem, but I will levitate without sufficient ballast.

    The group with the kids didn't seem concerned at all - they stood around talking within mere feet of us for a considerable time.
    I don't know about levitating, but the winds we have been having lately certainly would carry you away. PLEASE continue to carry the cannon as I would hate to have to try and chase you down with my cane.

  16. #16
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    I don't know about levitating, but the winds we have been having lately certainly would carry you away. PLEASE continue to carry the cannon as I would hate to have to try and chase you down with my cane.
    I blade (turn sideways) to the wind and it passes right by me unnoticed most of the time; although once a strong gale did catch my holster, spun me so fast that I augered into the ground - that saved me
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171

    Welcome mat is out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I blade (turn sideways) to the wind and it passes right by me unnoticed most of the time; although once a strong gale did catch my holster, spun me so fast that I augered into the ground - that saved me
    LOL I knew you had the situation under control at all times.

    Went by for breakfast today with a buddy and Tony was pleased when I showed him the comments from the site and he invited OCDO back anytime.

    Again, I recommend the Sausage Gravy deluxe but on a Nicks roll. Their rolls are so good I brought home 1/2 doz for burgers. (Might even get them to throw some mud in a pot just for PN.)

    The sampler platter is a large amount of Lasagna, manacotti and ravioli. Bring a big appetite or plan on leftovers the next day ;>)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •