• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast 3/24/12 - NEW LOCATION

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
By popular demand we are moving the location of the Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Saturday 3/24/12 to Nick's Roman Terrace restaurant in the Westland Shopping Center on Broad Street Road - just East of Parham Road. 8051 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA

http://virginiacurrents.com/richmond/nicks-roman-terrace-804-270-2988/map

Certain parties that have been mildly whinging about the food at the other location says this place is good, inexpensive, and asserts they are OC-friendly. We will find out tomorrow.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
By popular demand we are moving the location of the Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Saturday 3/24/12 to Nick's Roman Terrace restaurant in the Westland Shopping Center on Broad Street Road - just East of Parham Road. 8051 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA

Certain parties that have been mildly whinging about the food at the other location says this place is good, inexpensive, and asserts they are OC-friendly. We will find out tomorrow.

stay safe.

Gonna Rain Da&^it!:banghead:
I'll be there, might head back this afternoon to cut the burb grass.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Greater Richmond OC Breakfast, Saturday, 3/24/12, 9:30 am

Nick's Roman Terrace
Westland Shopping Center.....
Directions
8051 W Broad St
Richmond, VA 23294
(804) 270-2988

That whinging you heard Skid was because my gears need lubricating.:lol:

Food was really great and Momma herself invited me back and asked me to bring my friends so............

Relative of yours Peter?
2ds22ck.gif

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Greater Richmond OC Breakfast, Saturday, 3/24/12, 9:30 am

Nick's Roman Terrace
Westland Shopping Center.....
Directions
8051 W Broad St
Richmond, VA 23294
(804) 270-2988

That whinging you heard Skid was because my gears need lubricating.:lol:

Food was really great and Momma herself invited me back and asked me to bring my friends so............

Relative of yours Peter?
2ds22ck.gif

Sorta...At least I got in 3 days this week.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Of what does a Roman breakfast consist?

Eggs anyway you like them and gently so, delicious home fries, bacon, knock-your-sox-off home made bisquits - full breakfast menu of all expected goodies - great coffee. The chef (young fella) will likely come out and ask you how you liked everything too.

Prices are very much in line with other breakfast locations.

Give them a try - think you'll enjoy it. Looking at it for an OC dinner too, sometime in the future. Have been there for other dinners and OCd, so I already knew that would not be a problem.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm up, I'll get dressed in a little and have some editing to do, then need to do a little work with the lathe (I finally started building my cannon:uhoh:) before I go, then I'll head over.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'm up, I'll get dressed in a little and have some editing to do, then need to do a little work with the lathe (I finally started building my cannon:uhoh:) before I go, then I'll head over.

New carry gun or rolling stock?

va_tazdad

Seriously??????

Eggs anyway you like them and gently so, delicious home fries, bacon, knock-your-sox-off home made bisquits - full breakfast menu of all expected goodies - great coffee. The chef (young fella) will likely come out and ask you how you liked everything too.

Prices are very much in line with other breakfast locations.

Give them a try - think you'll enjoy it. Looking at it for an OC dinner too, sometime in the future. Have been there for other dinners and OCd, so I already knew that would not be a problem.

I had to "honey do" this weekend and you guys pick my favorite restaurant in Richmond for breakfast??????

I love the Sausage gravy deluxe!!!! (on a Nick's roll it is outstanding)

If you guys think breakfast is good, try the other items on the menu. Greek Spaghetti is a regular for the wife and I think they make the best Calamari in the city.

Cathy and Tony are good people and I have been eating there for 30+ years. The dinner rolls are the best in the city!

Good choice guys!!!!

va_tazdad

stay safe.

I never whined, simply stated that Nick's was better. It will be a great addition to the OC dinner locations.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I never whined, simply stated that Nick's was better. It will be a great addition to the OC dinner locations.

Not a bad place but the coffee ws weak and without looking I said "Thank you Mam" to the waitress who protested and when I looked at her...she was a he:uhoh:

We had a fellow come up outside and say "The kids want to know why you have guns on".

I forget what Skid said:uhoh: to him:lol::lol:

The omelet was good and the owner was friendly.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Not a bad place but the coffee ws weak and without looking I said "Thank you Mam" to the waitress who protested and when I looked at her...she was a he:uhoh:

We had a fellow come up outside and say "The kids want to know why you have guns on".

I forget what Skid said:uhoh: to him:lol::lol:

The omelet was good and the owner was friendly.

He said that we would tip over without them. I don't have that problem, but I will levitate without sufficient ballast. :p

The group with the kids didn't seem concerned at all - they stood around talking within mere feet of us for a considerable time.

va_tazdad

Wind anchor

He said that we would tip over without them. I don't have that problem, but I will levitate without sufficient ballast. :p

The group with the kids didn't seem concerned at all - they stood around talking within mere feet of us for a considerable time.

I don't know about levitating, but the winds we have been having lately certainly would carry you away. PLEASE continue to carry the cannon as I would hate to have to try and chase you down with my cane.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I don't know about levitating, but the winds we have been having lately certainly would carry you away. PLEASE continue to carry the cannon as I would hate to have to try and chase you down with my cane.

I blade (turn sideways) to the wind and it passes right by me unnoticed most of the time; although once a strong gale did catch my holster, spun me so fast that I augered into the ground - that saved me :lol:

va_tazdad

Welcome mat is out.

I blade (turn sideways) to the wind and it passes right by me unnoticed most of the time; although once a strong gale did catch my holster, spun me so fast that I augered into the ground - that saved me :lol:

LOL I knew you had the situation under control at all times.

Went by for breakfast today with a buddy and Tony was pleased when I showed him the comments from the site and he invited OCDO back anytime.

Again, I recommend the Sausage Gravy deluxe but on a Nicks roll. Their rolls are so good I brought home 1/2 doz for burgers. (Might even get them to throw some mud in a pot just for PN.)

The sampler platter is a large amount of Lasagna, manacotti and ravioli. Bring a big appetite or plan on leftovers the next day ;>)