• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Member from Lynchburg

davestradamus

Hello everyone. My name is David and I have just started to open carry around Lynchburg. I don't always find OC to be appropriate, but around my neighborhood (downtown) I like to make it known that there are armed citizens. Do any of you Lynchburg guys meet and organize? I just stumbled upon this forum and was very pleased to see members from my hometown!

Cheers!

-david

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Howdy David! Good to see another OCer in the Burg. We occasionally schedule lunches or dinners and notify folks here of OC meals so that we can get as many of us together as possible. Some of us know each other relatively well now so other times we'll just call each other up and have meals with friends. I'll set up something for us here in the next week or so, so watch here for an opportunity to join up and meet some of the rest of us.

In case you haven't seen, we do have a Lynchburg area OC report thread that gets updated as we think about it. See here for the most recent discussions:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...en-Carry-in-the-Greater-Lynchburg-Area/page22

I've been here about 4.5 years and OC nearly every day and really have had no issues with it. I hope to see you at one of our meals if you can make it. Let us know if you have times that absolutely won't work for you and we'll try to work around that.

davestradamus

Thanks for the welcome and the invite! I would surely be up for a meet sometime soon. Ill keep my eyes peeled on the board.

Thanks!

riverrat10k

Welcome Dave.

The search function on this site is kinda iffy, buty the catagories should lead you to the information that will help you out.

Remember, firearms laws are very State specific.

Have some grub with jmelvin. He is a hard working and well-versed OC advocate.

TFred

Welcome Dave.

The search function on this site is kinda iffy, buty the catagories should lead you to the information that will help you out.
This is very true... the Google Toolbar Site Search tool is a remarkable substitute, however. The biggest drawback is that it has trouble pulling threads out of specific sub-forums, such as Virginia, etc.

TFred

nuc65

Activist Member
Welcome Dave.

Remember, firearms laws are very State specific.

Have some grub with jmelvin. He is a hard working and well-versed OC advocate.

jmelvin :confused: hard working :eek: :p

nuc65

Activist Member
Hello everyone. My name is David and I have just started to open carry around Lynchburg. I don't always find OC to be appropriate, but around my neighborhood (downtown) I like to make it known that there are armed citizens. Do any of you Lynchburg guys meet and organize? I just stumbled upon this forum and was very pleased to see members from my hometown!

Cheers!

-david

Good to meet you and hope to meet in person soon. We do have lunch meet ups and sometimes don't even post them. Feel free to schedule a time and post it and then see who shows up. Usually jmelvin and myself and more often then not jero also shows up.