Thread: When Someone Asks "Why Do You ALWAYS Carry Your Gun?" Good Reason Here!

Lightbulb When Someone Asks "Why Do You ALWAYS Carry Your Gun?" Good Reason Here!

http://www.daily-jeff.com/local%20ne...d-in-shootings

What would you do if you returned home and discovered your family was being held hostage? The story isn't complete but it has enough in it to certainly answer the question.

Snip: "Once inside the home, the victim was ordered downstairs, at which time he was reportedly shot in the back by the assailant while walking down the stairs.

The victim was then able to return fire.

"The victim managed to get a firearm and he returned fire," striking the shooter, McCauley said."
    Last edited by rcawdor57; 03-23-2012 at 12:52 PM. Reason: added content
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

So the shooter was able to shoot the shooter? I sure wish newspapers would write properly. "The criminal shot the home owner/victim in the back, who then returned fire, hitting the criminal."

No need for a gun in your home right? I wonder what WAVE would say about this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post

As little as possible...
    Last edited by Have Gun - Will Carry; 03-23-2012 at 06:50 PM. Reason: fix quote
    Politicians are like diapers. They both need changing regularly, and for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    That we should just cower in our OWN HOMES, give the robber what he wants and hope for the best
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Well, when it's legal for me to carry I always do because I don't know when a criminal will make an error in victim selection & think that I look like his next meal.

I know someone via OCDO who was held in a home invasion (in the Milwaukee area), had a gun to the back of his head, thought he was going to die, etc.
    Obviously he didn't.
    But AFAIK he's carried concealed since that attack, years before it was legal.
    I think the court would agree that he had a really good reason to fear for his life, if those criminals (who were eventually caught & convicted, in part on his testimony) could get word to their friends who weren't currently in prison.