• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

When Someone Asks "Why Do You ALWAYS Carry Your Gun?" Good Reason Here!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
http://www.daily-jeff.com/local news/2012/02/29/two-injured-in-shootings

What would you do if you returned home and discovered your family was being held hostage? The story isn't complete but it has enough in it to certainly answer the question.

Snip: "Once inside the home, the victim was ordered downstairs, at which time he was reportedly shot in the back by the assailant while walking down the stairs.

The victim was then able to return fire.

"The victim managed to get a firearm and he returned fire," striking the shooter, McCauley said."

Last edited:

protias

So the shooter was able to shoot the shooter? I sure wish newspapers would write properly. "The criminal shot the home owner/victim in the back, who then returned fire, hitting the criminal."

No need for a gun in your home right? I wonder what WAVE would say about this. :rolleyes:

MKEgal

Well, when it's legal for me to carry I always do because I don't know when a criminal will make an error in victim selection & think that I look like his next meal.

I know someone via OCDO who was held in a home invasion (in the Milwaukee area), had a gun to the back of his head, thought he was going to die, etc.
Obviously he didn't.
But AFAIK he's carried concealed since that attack, years before it was legal.
I think the court would agree that he had a really good reason to fear for his life, if those criminals (who were eventually caught & convicted, in part on his testimony) could get word to their friends who weren't currently in prison.