• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Should Congress Make It Tougher To Own Guns" (Poll Results as of TODAY!)

Gil223

Should Congress Make It Tougher TO Own Guns? (A Personal Liberty Poll)
1) Do you believe stricter gun laws could have prevented the shooting tragedy in Arizona?
1% voted: Yes, absolutely.
1% voted: Maybe.
97% voted: No, outlaws will always find a way to get guns.
0% voted: Undecided.
2) Do you believe high-capacity ammunition clips like the gunman used should be available for sale to the general public?
78% voted: Yes.
13% voted: No.
9% voted: Undecided.
3) Should people with a history of mental instability be able to buy a gun?
4% voted: Yes.
85% voted: No.
11% voted: Undecided.
4) Would stricter gun laws make society safer?
2% voted: Yes. Stricter laws are needed to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.
98% voted: No. If guns were outlawed only outlaws would have guns.
0% voted: Undecided.
5) Do you own a gun?
66% voted: Yes.
13% voted: No.
21% voted: Prefer not to answer.
6) Which political party do you most closely align with philosophically?
3% voted: Democrat
49% voted: Republican
14% voted: Libertarian
13% voted: Tea Party
9% voted: Independent
11% voted: Other

Thank you for your participation.

If you haven't voted click here: http://poll.personalliberty.com/Poll.aspx/gun-rights-reform.
POLL RESULTS END HERE

I doubt that many of us would take exception to these results, since we are 2A oriented. If you have any input, comments, suggestions, etc., just feel free to jump right in. Pax...

SovereignAxe

6) Which political party do you most closely align with philosophically?
3% voted: Democrat
49% voted: Republican
14% voted: Libertarian
13% voted: Tea Party
9% voted: Independent
11% voted: Other
lol that tells me all I need to know right there.

At first the results were surprising, until I got to that. The polling sample for this wasn't exactly...random.

Aknazer

lol that tells me all I need to know right there.

At first the results were surprising, until I got to that. The polling sample for this wasn't exactly...random.

It's not the fault of the cite if most of it's readers lean one way or another. The bigger question is how they present their info.

Gil223

I just now checked their website, and it appears that liberals would be highly unlikely to frequent that site. The first sentence read:
Conservatives have repeatedly been forced to hold their noses and cast ballots for candidates who are only marginally better than the shrieking liberals whom they oppose.
That set the tone for the entire site. Besides, with a name like Personal Liberty, liberals would be upset since the only personal liberty they believe in is their own - which they are certain that everybody else should adopt. The poll probably was "random" - but only random among those who are inclined to visit the site. "Man on the Street" would have been a more realistic approach toward getting the pulse of the people on this issue, but at least they were honest enough to show the political affiliations of those responding. Pax...

Last edited:

Gil223

And, this is why I have a preview window, a spam filter, and a "Delete" key. I can keep up with only those things which I choose . :shocker: Pax...

Last edited:

squisher

Random email is the answer

It requires an email address to participate. Nope, not gonna give them permission to spam me.

http://guerillamail.org/

Used it a couple times for locations I thought might act shady but had a chance of having something useful. It's a temporary, anonymous email "account" that lives for a short period of time (generally long enough for you to read a response from an autoresponder).