Thread: Tacoma convention center

Tacoma convention center

It has come to my attention that the convention center will be attempting to restrict carry at the county and state conventions. Security is being provided by the city. I will CC tomorrow then try to find out more to send off a letter. If anyone can gain any useful info in the meantime I'd appreciate it. I'm driving down to Oregon today so I can't do anything right now. Thanks.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Where did you get the info? Also are you talking about the Pierce County Republican Party Annual Convention that is going on tomorrow?
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

I got my info from the head of the local Ron Paul delegates. He asked at a meeting and was assured that "our lawyers have said its ok to restrict carry".

Yes, I am talking about the county convention.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    I got my info from the head of the local Ron Paul delegates. He asked at a meeting and was assured that "our lawyers have said its ok to restrict carry".

Yes, I am talking about the county convention.
    Tom,

Reach out to Kirby Wilbur.... he was with me at the Gingrich rally while I was carrying.
    Live Free or Die!

Seems the Tacoma Dome and or City of Tacoma have stepped up there anti gun efforts.
    Even though previously they dropped charges against a Wenatchee Man attending the memorial for the 4 Lakewood Officers killed on duty.

Tacoma Dome Page

Firearms
    For the safety of all guests, firearms of any kind, regardless of permit, are not allowed in the Tacoma Dome. The only exception to this is UNIFORMED law enforcement personnel in the performance of their official duties. The presenter of an event ticket consents to a reasonable search for weapons before entering. Failure to comply with the above conditions will result in not being admitted to the event or ejection. If a patron is not admitted to the event they will be refunded their money. However if a patron enters the Tacoma Dome and is ejected for any reason, no refunds or exchanges will be allowed in such an event.
    Here is what Mark Knapp Esq. wrote about this issue a couple years ago.

http://markknapp.multiply.com/journal/item/414
    Last edited by BigDave; 03-23-2012 at 05:10 PM.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Perhaps they haven't been told of the Supreme Court's refusal to hear Seattle's appeal of the Chan case? Yes I'm sure that's it. A simple email should clear everything up, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    Seems the Tacoma Dome and or City of Tacoma have stepped up there anti gun efforts.
    Even though previously they dropped charges against a Wenatchee Man attending the memorial for the 4 Lakewood Officers killed on duty.

Here is what Mark Knapp Esq. wrote about this issue a couple years ago.

http://markknapp.multiply.com/journal/item/414
    WTF? I was open carrying there.....

City property, city paid event, pre-emption applies.
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.