• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WAC Show Puyallup 3/24 - 3/25

massivedesign

You misunderstand, I was giving Dan a hard time because I was at the show and stopped for a min. to talk to him, apparently it wasn't good seeing me:p

I saw lots of people, you included. My OP was intended to give props to the guys I saw running the OCDO table.. These guys dedicate so much time to this cause it's incredible!

SpyderTattoo

Kinda like complaining about non open carry off topic subjects???

•(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.

Yeah, just like that.

fire suppressor

Sunday, opens at 8:00, we kick everyone out at 15:00. If you're not a member you must buy a ticket to get in by 14:00 or you can't get in. Non members are not allowed to bring firearms in.

Sorry if this has been said before but I am not sure I want to support a origination that denies me my basic 2nd amendment and Washington state constitutional rights unless I buy their price of paper. I understand it is a privet club and they have the right to do so but it does not sit right with me. I should not have to leave my gun in my car at a gun show of all places, I feel a anti firearms/ open carry feel in the air

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Sorry if this has been said before but I am not sure I want to support a origination that denies me my basic 2nd amendment and Washington state constitutional rights unless I buy their price of paper. I understand it is a privet club and they have the right to do so but it does not sit right with me. I should not have to leave my gun in my car at a gun show of all places, I feel a anti firearms/ open carry feel in the air

So the same takes place at the annual SHOT show in Vegas where every manufacturer of firearms and accessories in the world comes every year. Are they anti firearms and carry too? This argument and statements each month by people who do not attend are ridiculous. So tripe with a naivete and ignorance it is astounding to me.

amzbrady

What is good for the goose, is definitely not good for the gander. We expect EVERY other business to allow us to openly carry, and when they do not we write letters, complain, snivel and whine, even talk about boycotting them. They dont know us, they dont know our intentions, we have saying after saying about how we are safe, been background checked for CPL's, but the gun community is most fearfull of us and most restrictive. Would everyone be ok if they were made to unload and tie their slide to be able to shop at Costco? Would that be acceptable? This argument and statements each month by people who do not attend are dead on and the rebutal.... So tripe with a naivete and ignorance it is astounding to me.

LkWd_Don

fire suppressor said:
Sorry if this has been said before but I am not sure I want to support a origination that denies me my basic 2nd amendment and Washington state constitutional rights unless I buy their price of paper. I understand it is a privet club and they have the right to do so but it does not sit right with me. I should not have to leave my gun in my car at a gun show of all places, I feel a anti firearms/ open carry feel in the air.
So the same takes place at the annual SHOT show in Vegas where every manufacturer of firearms and accessories in the world comes every year. Are they anti firearms and carry too? This argument and statements each month by people who do not attend are ridiculous. So tripe with a naivete and ignorance it is astounding to me.

Oh? We live in Las Vegas now? That is supposed to be a justification for denying me my right to carry here in Washington State? I'm glad I happened to hear that before I spent my money at the gate. Shame I wasted what I did getting to the Puyallup fairgrounds for it. As far as I am concerned, you can keep your anti-Open Carry club and events then.

SpyderTattoo

You were the one who asked about the times of the show. I was answering your question. If you feel the way your above post states, why did you ask about the times of the show?

sudden valley gunner

How so? Just because you love the place don't mean others do? How is it any different than not going to any other place that bans our ability to carry in their business?

I won't go to the Shot show either.

You haven't pointed out how being disarmed by a "pro 2A" and people deciding not to go because they don't want to be disarmed is ridiculous. It's simply a personal choice.

Nothing any pro WAC folks have pointed out doesn't take away the hypocrisy of this in some peoples minds. It's that simple.

Can the "anti WAC people" now say that pro WAC people are tripe with naivete and ignorance because they don't understand that point of view?

massivedesign

I do not know of ANY gun show that allows loaded carry in it. It's not about stripping your 2A rights, it's about safety.

Gun shows are loaded with accessories, holsters mags etc. People will pull out their loaded carry piece and muzzle sweep 1,000 people as they try and cram it into that new bedazzled holster. You think everybody who carries a gun has perfect trigger control, knows the rules of firearm safety... HA! Ask any gun store owner how many times a day a customer comes into his store and whips out his loaded carry piece? Now, multiply that by 1,000 tables and how many thousands of customers? NO THANKS!

LkWd_Don

You were the one who asked about the times of the show. I was answering your question. If you feel the way your above post states, why did you ask about the times of the show?

I am only sorry that I did not find my way to this site and forum before attempting to attend the show so that I would not have wasted my time and gas just to be told that the club sponsoring the show Only allows members to carry in it. That is so Anti-2A and with this being Washington State so Anti-State Constitution Article 1 Section 24 and Anti- RCW 9.41.050 as it gets.

sudden valley gunner

I do not know of ANY gun show that allows loaded carry in it. It's not about stripping your 2A rights, it's about safety.

Gun shows are loaded with accessories, holsters mags etc. People will pull out their loaded carry piece and muzzle sweep 1,000 people as they try and cram it into that new bedazzled holster. You think everybody who carries a gun has perfect trigger control, knows the rules of firearm safety... HA! Ask any gun store owner how many times a day a customer comes into his store and whips out his loaded carry piece? Now, multiply that by 1,000 tables and how many thousands of customers? NO THANKS!

I understand the reason for it, I don't agree with it. I don't fault people who want to go. Just like some of us still conceal at places that are "anti gun".

The argument that those of us who will refuse to go are some how stupid and ignorant and the real funny one "hypocritical" is faulty reasoning in my viewpoint. We simply take different stance on the matter.

reillo584

How late does it run on Sunday? Also can you please clarify the rules the way I understand the radio commercial I have to be a member to carry?

Sunday, opens at 8:00, we kick everyone out at 15:00. If you're not a member you must buy a ticket to get in by 14:00 or you can't get in. Non members are not allowed to bring firearms in.

+1... I'm w/ you on this one Spyder... I'm confused...:D

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members

Isn't that the position that Seattle took on the Parks, it's for the kids safety, it's for this and for that all in the name of safety for some group.
How about training, shouldn't everyone have training before entering the doors on safe gun handling, because of the safety for everyone?
It is just not the issue of a non member cannot carry a gun in but they cannot buy a gun, they have to be a member.

Trigger Dr

It has been offered several times to various OCDO members, come to the show 1 time on our dollar and watch what happens. After walking around, standing off to the side and watching the way firearms are handled your perspective will change raapidly. The general membership of WAC are pro 2 A. The ones to worry about are the average Joe off the street, the "questionable" show goers wearing their do rags, gangsta looking clothing, and obvious lack of firearms knowledge.
Sure there are some great deals to be found, there are also prices that are higher than they should be.
The entire things boils down to

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE WAY IT IS RUN, DON'T GO!

LkWd_Don

The entire things boils down to

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE WAY IT IS RUN, DON'T GO!

Not only will I be taking your advise, but after seeing the rationalizations (potentially/supposedly? from its own members) and that type of attitude, I will not be seeking membership in the WAC club either.

Their loss not mine! I lost enough already on them this last weekend.

Trigger Dr

That is good. I don't think you would be welcome there, at least not by me.
And that goes for all the other nay sayers as well.

massivedesign

Isn't that the position that Seattle took on the Parks, it's for the kids safety, it's for this and for that all in the name of safety for some group.
How about training, shouldn't everyone have training before entering the doors on safe gun handling, because of the safety for everyone?
It is just not the issue of a non member cannot carry a gun in but they cannot buy a gun, they have to be a member.

Seattle Parks? That's a stretch..... If everybody was in the Seattle parks un-holstering loaded weapons then I think I may be a little concerned TOO! It is a safety thing and honestly, a reasonable one. And of course they want members only to buy a gun, this is a business, and that is their business plan. They take extra precautions knowing (at least at the time of membership application) that you are legally allowed to own a firearm. Damn the man!

waterfowl woody

It's not about stripping your 2A rights, it's about safety.

I hard to believe that was said on this site by a member. I can't believe that some of the most active members on this site that fight for the right to open carry anywhere are ok with WAC. well since it for safety........what really!!!!!!! Oh no here comes the angry response or verbal lashing for me believing that NOBODY should take my rights away.

Everyone that fights for WAC on this site needs to unholster there weapon, unload it, and insert a zip tie. Now go through your day with this.
Hey it's not about stripping your 2A rights, IT'S ABOUT SAFETY!

I have talked to many people about this and at least 40 have band going to the WAC shows. I believe WAC should have a responsibility to uphold gun owners rights as gun owners are the customers.

Ask yourself this
Would you eat at a resturant that doesn't allow you to carry?
Would you shop at a store that is against your right to protect yourself?
Would you purchase a gun from a gun store that is affraid of people legaly carrying guns?

Sorry but I don't buy the smoke screen "It's about safety" and in fact it is about stripping your 2A rights. Astonishing how certain people fight for the right to carry and yet they surrender there rights to a group because its about safety.