• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Connecticut Carry - The Waterbury police department has been refusing permits against

KIX

There are more and more "martyrs" all the time...... now.

With groups like CTCarry, CCDL, www.ctpistolpermitissues.com, more people are now aware of what their rights were. Three years ago, none of this stuff existed.

I've been helping people through the process and more are willing to stay "ummmmm, no thank you, here's the state app and my checks" and it is working in some areas.

West Hartford is taking apps and issuing permits even when people don't submit the extra information.
Hartford has been up in front of the board and knows they can't deny for this nonsense.

The BFPE, for the record, has done an INCREDIBLE job on the backlog. We're at about 5-6 months now for a hearing - quicker than many towns for permits.

That being said, there is still a TON of work to do and people indeed need to stand up for their rights. I don't see it as being a martyr, more like not being a victim.

There is a scary trend I'm seeing developing again...... towns that don't want to waste time all day at a hearing issuing temporary permits just before the hearing date. Been a couple years since this was as big an issue, but it is creeping back up again.

Jonathan

IH8SPM

Rich great job! It seems as if Vin was dodging you directly on some of the real issues. What was with neighbors story? Why bring Florida to CT talk.? He was dancing around the studio burning the clock like quaterback.

I am all for the cause but Im sure alot of people on this forum including mysel dont protest as you directly state because of fear. Now i dont mean scarry but more of harrassment via delays or ther indirect PD tactics. If i remember correctly some of towns not complying are considered by media to be high crime. With that said the law is clear on what it requires and makes no mention of any of their requirment or conditions. Unless officers,captains,chiefs or LEO`s are held responsible for their misconduct i think we will only see an improvement on a temp basis.

Reference NYPD stopped covering up crimes as officers were held liable and placed in jail. Temporary fix, NYPD is at it again.

Rich B

Rich great job! It seems as if Vin was dodging you directly on some of the real issues. What was with neighbors story? Why bring Florida to CT talk.? He was dancing around the studio burning the clock like quaterback.

I felt he was lobbing me softballs and I was grateful to be able to get so much information out in such a short period of time. To each his own though.

Unless officers,captains,chiefs or LEO`s are held responsible for their misconduct i think we will only see an improvement on a temp basis.

Well that is the point of the campaign: http://ctcarry.com/Campaign/PermitRequirements

Reference NYPD stopped covering up crimes as officers were held liable and placed in jail. Temporary fix, NYPD is at it again.

You won't see jail time for additional permit requirements since the statutes (29-28,29-29) have no penalties. Even if HB 5245 passes, it has no penalties.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Well, you could either file criminal charges against the idiot refusing to accept the applications or go through all the hassle to get a judge to issue a writ of mandamus forcing them to comply with state law.

Ha! When I filed mine they initially refused to accept it too ... but I talked to the chief and said "here you go" .. he said "I can't accept it" and I said then I would just mail it in and you would have to accept the application via mail. He scratched his head and said "OK, we'll deny it of course" and I said "you should grant it .. you have all the information you need"..that was 3 weeks ago ... no denial yet (but I'm sure I'll get one) :)