• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Family Of Bo Morrison Trying To Repeal Castle Doctrine Via Petition

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
Following the decision of the Washington County DA to not charge or prosecute the homeowner involved in the fatal shooting of an intruder in his home in the middle of the night, the family of Bo Morrison is blaming Castle Doctrine for his death and has started an on-line petition to have Castle Doctrine repealed. In his written opinion and in television interviews the DA made it clear that Castle Doctrine was not the determining factor and even without Castle Doctrine he would not have prosecuted the homeowner. While the DA stated he explained all of this to the family, it appears some of the family members are not only enabling in their behaviors and incapable of critical thought based in reality, they must also be hearing impaired: https://www.change.org/petitions/wi...e-castle-doctrine-law-justice-for-bo-morrison

H

Herr Heckler Koch

It appears that the thug class and their enablers are only now learning the impact of the Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground laws, here in Wisconsin and in Florida. Bo's situation has had the oxygen sucked out by the race baiters' attention in Florida.

Last edited:

wild boar

Brains ain't always a determining factor, the Zimmerman case has nothing to do with "Stand your Ground" if Zimmerman was in pursuit. The concerned citizen group want that changed. It's hitting the fan. boar out.

HandyHamlet

...the family of Bo Morrison is blaming Castle Doctrine for his death and has started an on-line petition to have Castle Doctrine repealed. [/URL]

Of course it is easier to blame everyone/everything else but themselves. Pathetic.

Yetiman

"He wasn't doing nothing wrong"

Except breaking and entering in an attempt to hide from the police and further his record of resisting arrest and fleeing from the police. Way to go Mom ! Make some more excuses.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

I note, too, that the MJS does not have a comment script running for Bo Morrison but Cain has jumped on the Trayvon Martin shooting as an SYG issue. What maroons.

I pray Zimmerman's eyewitness is well protected and stands his ground.

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
CCAP this upstanding citizen. Interesting. Many offenses. Fighting with police, drugs, on and on and on....

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/pager.do;j...DC0B&offset=0&sortColumn=0&sortDirection=DESC

Allow me to summarize. Not counting the trespassing and breaking & entering committed on the night he died, in the 15 months prior to his death, Bo Morrison's interactions with law enforcement resulted in at least 18 separate charges including the following:

Bail Jumping - 3 times
Battery
Disorderly conduct - 2 times
Open Intoxicants In A Motor Vehicle
Operating A Motor Vehicle W/O Insurance
Operating A Motor Vehicle W/O A Seatbelt
Possession Of Drug Paraphenalia
Possession Of THC
Resisting/Obstructing An Officer - 4 times
Speeding
Underage Drinking
Violation Of Absolute Sobriety Law

If I had committed those crimes and was 20 years of age my parents would have thrown me out of the house, not whined to anyone who would listen that I was a "good boy".

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Complain as one may, Wisconsin does have Wisconsin Circuit Court Access Consolidated Court Automation Programs with free access to rap sheets. Florida charges for rap sheets.

HandyHamlet

--Edited by Moderator-- ......................typical whinny excuses. Nicely played Bo.

:banghead:

He was out on bail from four pending criminal cases, and as a condition was not to consume alcohol. An autopsy showed he had a blood-alcohol level of 0.19.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/ozwash...e-nearby-before-firing-5s4n7e0-144120795.html

301839_10150686680319645_633229644_9022019_1456559703_n.jpg

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Of course the home invader's family want the castle doctrine repealed. It took away their big payday. Under the castle doctine a person shooting a home invader must be still legally determined to be acting in self defense. What the castle doctrine really provides is immunity from a civil suit once determined to be acting in self-defense, if certain conditions are met. I was surprised to see the DA's ruling address the castle doctine point by point in addition to ruling the shooting was in self-defense. I wonder if this will occur in other cases.

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
How nice of the family to deceive the public and play for sympathy by posting a picture of a younger, thinner Bo.

Here is the "Bo" the family is hawking to the press and using in their ploy for sympathy: Bo Picture.jpg

Here is the "Bo" that was arrested multiple times in the first two months of 2012:Bo Mug Shot.jpg

I wonder which picture more closely resembles the intruder who broke into the homeowner's residence so he wouldn't be sent to jail for violating the terms of his bond?

Last edited:

E6chevron

Those of us here on the forum, have much more information, about the intruder, than the homeowner did that night.

In running thru possible different scenarios for handling this intruder, knowing now his criminal record, and the fact that he was out on bail, forbidden from drinking and with a blood alcohol of 0.19%, what do you think would have happened if the homeowner decided to just try to do a citizens arrest and detain him until the police arrive?

The tragedy could have gone the other direction, IMHO

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
How nice of the family to deceive the public and play for sympathy by posting a picture of a younger, thinner Bo.

Here is the "Bo" the family is hawking to the press and using in their ploy for sympathy: View attachment 8213

I thought that the pink hoodie was an especially nice touch... it really makes him look cuddly and innocent. Obviously this picture was taken several years ago, before his voice changed....