Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elite

Elite

I am

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    I am

You bastard.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

You may be elite, but I'm 'l33t' - All classes in Mass Effect 3 are maxed level, and it only took 37 continuous hours awake and grinding multiplayer.

Beat that :P
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post

You bastard.
    I love you too.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    You may be elite, but I'm 'l33t' - All classes in Mass Effect 3 are maxed level, and it only took 37 continuous hours awake and grinding multiplayer.

ha ha ha. I was going to ask him what was so special about been elite when the rest of us are l33t
    =============================
    NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
    Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
    PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

Technically it's 1337, so neither of you qualify.

Technically it's 1337, so neither of you qualify.
    Beat me to it.

Jeeze don't you guys know 13375|*34|<

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    Beat me to it.

Jeeze don't you guys know 13375|*34|<
    I dont know what that last thing means, and I'm afraid to look it up.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=

Leetspeak

lvl85 enh shaman with over 10k achievement points and 290 days played. Also over 100k PvP kills and various feats of strength like "insane in the membrane"

Does that count? =P

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    lvl85 enh shaman with over 10k achievement points and 290 days played. Also over 100k PvP kills and various feats of strength like "insane in the membrane"

Does that count? =P
    No, Jenkins, that is the complete opposite. Name:  eusa_naughty.gif
Views: 129
Size:  2.8 KB

EVE > WoW.

Male, Gallente, Miner.

Known Skills: 118, skills @ level V; 27. Total SP; 9,618,413, Clone; Zeta (because I'm lazy and a miner, don't need a higher SP clone).

Ships in the hanger for use;

Proteus, Gallente Strategic Cruiser - Tech II mods, and Rigs. Over a Billion ISK invested in it.
    Hulk Exhumer, T2 Ice lasers <3
    Current ISK; 243,464,390.23

Why pay for a game like WoW with mediocre game-play, when you can pay for a game that is by far the most time consumingist, pointless, massive waste of time, basically paying for a second job, on the market. And you get ships and be all like 'pew pew' in space!
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=

Why pay for a game like WoW with mediocre game-play, when you can pay for a game that is by far the most time consumingist, pointless, massive waste of time, basically paying for a second job, on the market. And you get ships and be all like 'pew pew' in space!
    Why pay for EVE when you can play for free? All the more reason you are not 1337.

Why pay for EVE when you can play for free? All the more reason you are not 1337.
    Which game would that be? Not too many MMO's out on the market that is decent, fun, and a challenge, while still being F2P. Only ones that come to mind is LOTRO and Star Trek Online. Can't really count WoW into it, it's only free till level 20, and that comes fast and covers any faction's starting area :/
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by drakez07 View Post
    which game would that be? Not too many mmo's out on the market that is decent, fun, and a challenge, while still being f2p. Only ones that come to mind is lotro and star trek online. Can't really count wow into it, it's only free till level 20, and that comes fast and covers any faction's starting area :/
    eve.

He's talking about having the financial capacity in the game to produce enough ISK to buy GTCs or PLEXes to keep your account(s) going, thus playing for free.

I only just realised what he was talking about xD

I don't buy PLEX from my ISK; If I did that, I'd barely break even with each mining op, since most of my ISK goes to skills for a dreadnought as is xD
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=

Since when did maxing out an mmorpg make you 1337???

People are slipping...

Tricking Comcast/Xfinity into giving me a 50/50 pipe while paying for a 10/2 pipe for the past 2 years, strictly through social engineering, is 1337.

Maxing out wow/lotro/insert game here, which is a task that can and has been achieved by 9 year olds, isn't...

Doing something via payment or grinding isn't elite. Now, if you maxed a character through the shrewd use of a bug, or better yet, getting a gm to give you levels/gear/xp/whatever, then it would count...

V130 94m3$ h4v3 n07h1n9 70 0 w17h b31n9 3173.

17'$ 4 4b07 $|{1$!

H4(|{ 7h3 p4n37!!!
    Last edited by Stanley; 03-25-2012 at 09:03 AM.
    "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism." - George Washington, Farewell Address, 1796

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Tricking Comcast/Xfinity into giving me a 50/50 pipe while paying for a 10/2 pipe for the past 2 years, strictly through social engineering, is 1337.
    'splain.

'splain.
    Convincing Tech Support that Accounting gave you an upgrade and your service hasn't been upgraded yet. Then convincing Accounting that Tech Support hasn't upgraded you at all. Then getting them to not talk to each other...

End result, Tech Support ups you to their Extreme 50 tier and Accounting keeps you listed as Economy in their DB which gets pushed to everyone else's DB.

Essentially you make them lose you in the system. Then stay off their radar. It's essentially the same to get them to remove your account from bandwidth monitoring and throttling processes.

The definition of 1337 has always been related to some sort of "cracking," or "hacking" to newbs... Social engineering, programming skills, networking skills... They qualify as 1337...

Example:
    Having a maxed out LM on lotro isn't 1337. Having the same maxed out LM on multiple servers, because Turbine's toon transfer service (moving characters between servers, supposed to be permanent) and their employees are easy to manipulate, is 1337.

Or...

Having 8 year olds that can smoke me on COD doesn't make them 1337. Being able to boot and ban them from servers I don't own as soon as they start talking **** and thinking that having hours of playing time makes the 1337, is 1337.

See what I'm getting at??? Anyone can grind...

For a more relevant comparison. Anyone can browse OCDO. Anyone can study so much they can quote every gun law, every court case, every logical fallacy if they grind enough in the books. That's not 1337...

You have a few people here though that can get laws changed, and actually influence the system. They would be 1337.

Not quite an exact comparison, but close.
    Last edited by Stanley; 03-25-2012 at 09:19 AM.
    "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism." - George Washington, Farewell Address, 1796

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    'splain.
    Being a sociopathic conartist who manipulates the system makes you elite, and a democrat.

That's why I said "you bastard" even though I know YOU aren't one.

The SM knows who it applies to.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

EVE > WoW.

Male, Gallente, Miner.

Known Skills: 118, skills @ level V; 27. Total SP; 9,618,413, Clone; Zeta (because I'm lazy and a miner, don't need a higher SP clone).

Ships in the hanger for use;

Proteus, Gallente Strategic Cruiser - Tech II mods, and Rigs. Over a Billion ISK invested in it.
    Hulk Exhumer, T2 Ice lasers <3
    Current ISK; 243,464,390.23

Wahoo, another Eve player!

You only have 9 million-ish SP, so you're actually doing quite well, ISK wise. I'm a 2003 toon, and 9 million SP doesn't cover even my warm up stretches in the morning.
    I'm what Willis was talking about.

well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    V130 94m3$ h4v3 n07h1n9 70 0 w17h b31n9 3173.

17'$ 4 4b07 $|{1$!

H4(|{ 7h3 p4n37!!!
    video games have nothing to do with being elite.
    its all about skills!
    hack the planet!!!

Just want to say how little I am impressed that someone has used perfectly good time, learning to type like that!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

I'm surprised you could read that, 1245A
    Last edited by Jack House; 03-26-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    video games have nothing to do with being elite.
    its all about skills!
    hack the planet!!!

Just want to say how little I am impressed that someone has used perfectly good time, learning to type like that!
    Lol I didn't type that out lololol!!!

Used a translator... Just figured I'd jump on the leet speak bandwagon. Heh
    Last edited by Stanley; 03-26-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast