• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Elite

DrakeZ07

You may be elite, but I'm 'l33t' - All classes in Mass Effect 3 are maxed level, and it only took 37 continuous hours awake and grinding multiplayer.

Beat that :p

Jack House

You bastard.
I love you too. ;)

You may be elite, but I'm 'l33t' - All classes in Mass Effect 3 are maxed level, and it only took 37 continuous hours awake and grinding multiplayer.

2012-03-23_231352.png

:p

Aknazer

lvl85 enh shaman with over 10k achievement points and 290 days played. Also over 100k PvP kills and various feats of strength like "insane in the membrane"

Does that count? =P

Jack House

lvl85 enh shaman with over 10k achievement points and 290 days played. Also over 100k PvP kills and various feats of strength like "insane in the membrane"

Does that count? =P
No, Jenkins, that is the complete opposite. eusa_naughty.gif

DrakeZ07

EVE > WoW.

Male, Gallente, Miner.

Known Skills: 118, skills @ level V; 27. Total SP; 9,618,413, Clone; Zeta (because I'm lazy and a miner, don't need a higher SP clone).

Ships in the hanger for use;

Proteus, Gallente Strategic Cruiser - Tech II mods, and Rigs. Over a Billion ISK invested in it.
Hulk Exhumer, T2 Ice lasers <3
Current ISK; 243,464,390.23

Why pay for a game like WoW with mediocre game-play, when you can pay for a game that is by far the most time consumingist, pointless, massive waste of time, basically paying for a second job, on the market. And you get ships and be all like 'pew pew' in space!

Jack House

Why pay for a game like WoW with mediocre game-play, when you can pay for a game that is by far the most time consumingist, pointless, massive waste of time, basically paying for a second job, on the market. And you get ships and be all like 'pew pew' in space!
Why pay for EVE when you can play for free? All the more reason you are not 1337. :p

DrakeZ07

Why pay for EVE when you can play for free? All the more reason you are not 1337. :p

Which game would that be? Not too many MMO's out on the market that is decent, fun, and a challenge, while still being F2P. Only ones that come to mind is LOTRO and Star Trek Online. Can't really count WoW into it, it's only free till level 20, and that comes fast and covers any faction's starting area :/

Jack House

which game would that be? Not too many mmo's out on the market that is decent, fun, and a challenge, while still being f2p. Only ones that come to mind is lotro and star trek online. Can't really count wow into it, it's only free till level 20, and that comes fast and covers any faction's starting area :/
eve.

DrakeZ07

I only just realised what he was talking about xD

I don't buy PLEX from my ISK; If I did that, I'd barely break even with each mining op, since most of my ISK goes to skills for a dreadnought as is xD

Stanley

Since when did maxing out an mmorpg make you 1337???

People are slipping...

Tricking Comcast/Xfinity into giving me a 50/50 pipe while paying for a 10/2 pipe for the past 2 years, strictly through social engineering, is 1337. :cool:

Maxing out wow/lotro/insert game here, which is a task that can and has been achieved by 9 year olds, isn't...

Doing something via payment or grinding isn't elite. Now, if you maxed a character through the shrewd use of a bug, or better yet, getting a gm to give you levels/gear/xp/whatever, then it would count...

V1Ð30 94m3$ h4v3 n07h1n9 70 Ð0 w17h b31n9 3£173.

17'$ 4££ 4b0µ7 $|{1££$!

H4(|{ 7h3 p£4n37!!!

Last edited:

Stanley

Convincing Tech Support that Accounting gave you an upgrade and your service hasn't been upgraded yet. Then convincing Accounting that Tech Support hasn't upgraded you at all. Then getting them to not talk to each other...

End result, Tech Support ups you to their Extreme 50 tier and Accounting keeps you listed as Economy in their DB which gets pushed to everyone else's DB.

Essentially you make them lose you in the system. Then stay off their radar. It's essentially the same to get them to remove your account from bandwidth monitoring and throttling processes.

The definition of 1337 has always been related to some sort of "cracking," or "hacking" to newbs... Social engineering, programming skills, networking skills... They qualify as 1337...

Example:
Having a maxed out LM on lotro isn't 1337. Having the same maxed out LM on multiple servers, because Turbine's toon transfer service (moving characters between servers, supposed to be permanent) and their employees are easy to manipulate, is 1337.

Or...

Having 8 year olds that can smoke me on COD doesn't make them 1337. Being able to boot and ban them from servers I don't own as soon as they start talking **** and thinking that having hours of playing time makes the 1337, is 1337. ;)

See what I'm getting at??? Anyone can grind...

For a more relevant comparison. Anyone can browse OCDO. Anyone can study so much they can quote every gun law, every court case, every logical fallacy if they grind enough in the books. That's not 1337...

You have a few people here though that can get laws changed, and actually influence the system. They would be 1337.

Not quite an exact comparison, but close.

Last edited: