• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry on the james river

sigmaken

[h=2]hey gotta question or two[/h]
Im new to open carry ive done some reading but i am still unclear about something can i open carry while fishing at anne carrow boat ramp its off maury and commerce and i go alone alot so i would like to also are there any restrictions to having your weapon chambered and viechle transport i ride a motorcycle so im guessing plain sight is on the hip im guessing on that one i know this sounds stupid but im always told the only stupid question is the one not asked

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Im new to open carry ive done some reading but i am still unclear about something can i open carry while fishing at anne carrow boat ramp its off maury and commerce and i go alone alot so i would like to also are there any restrictions to having your weapon chambered and viechle transport i ride a motorcycle so im guessing plain sight is on the hip im guessing on that one i know this sounds stupid but im always told the only stupid question is the one not asked

Welcome to OCDO sigmaken - hope you enjoy it here and that you become a frequent flyer.

I'm not familiar with that ramp, but if it is city or county owned then OC or CC would be legal. If private property, then of course their rules.

Presuming that you are 18 yo or more you may OC on your motorcycle legally and of course loaded/hot - otherwise is would be a fancy paper weight.

We are having a small OC breakfast tomorrow morning - come on out and introduce yourself - a lot more ground can be covered in a very short time in face-to-face conversations.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...er-Richmond-OC-Breakfast-3-24-12-NEW-LOCATION

BTW - take the time to look at our Forum Rules. Double posting the same question on different threads is discouraged. Don't feel badly though, it takes time to get the feel for things here. I did consolidate your 2 posts into this one thread.

Look forward to meeting you.

sigmaken

Thank you for the info and yes i am 22 23 in may also i honestly didnt know the other post went through my internet acsess is my stupid smartphone it tends not to do want i want i will try to join you all for breakfast if i get off in time i work at night on the side i am however going tp the gunshow around ten

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Thank you for the info and yes i am 22 23 in may also i honestly didnt know the other post went through my internet acsess is my stupid smartphone it tends not to do want i want i will try to join you all for breakfast if i get off in time i work at night on the side i am however going tp the gunshow around ten

Stop by the VCDL table at the show and say HI - you can sign up for the free Va-Alerts there or here. This is a weekly listing of events, happenings and changes to our laws around the Commonwealth. We never sell, rent or lend your email address and won't spam you.

If you're running a little bit late for the breakfast - come on anyway - likely we'll still be there for a spell.

sigmaken

Sorry i didnt get to do either actually i found out the hard way that a fairly large piece of my living room floor was rotten through i just sighned up for the alerts and cant wait for the next open carry breakfast

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sorry i didnt get to do either actually i found out the hard way that a fairly large piece of my living room floor was rotten through i just sighned up for the alerts and cant wait for the next open carry breakfast

Ouch! re living room floor. By all means make sure you do not have termites or similar.

Next OC breakfast:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...eakfast-Sat-4-7-9-30-AM&p=1733122#post1733122

Also have an OC dinner scheduled:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...Richmond-Area-April-OC-Dinner-4-10-12-at-7-pm

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I third the welcome (fellow MC rider and fisherman when I can get away):exclaim:

riverrat10k

You SHOULD be ok, but I will look for a cite.

The landing is in the City of Richmond. I am assuming you are fishing off the levee down there.

Ancarrow's landing is maintained as Public Boating Access and falls under the Dept. of Game and Inland Fisheries.

I would have to go deeper into the law, but as far is I know, there are no carry restrictions at public landings unless they are associated with a Management Area of some sort.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
You SHOULD be ok, but I will look for a cite.

The landing is in the City of Richmond. I am assuming you are fishing off the levee down there.

Ancarrow's landing is maintained as Public Boating Access and falls under the Dept. of Game and Inland Fisheries.

I would have to go deeper into the law, but as far is I know, there are no carry restrictions at public landings unless they are associated with a Management Area of some sort.

I think he's OK RR. There are boat landings in WMA's but as I understand it, the landings outside are owned by the locality and constructed and maintained by DGIF.

sigmaken

Thanks for the welcome everybody and found out when my house was built they didnt seal around my sliding glass doors so 15 stiches later and alot of spliters its all good now i decided to put in lamanet hardwood floor and i open carried down at ann carrow last night catfishing with my buddies no issues a richmond leo even stopped by to see if we catchin anything he was really nice headin to the breakfast soon

Last edited: