• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed Pilots

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Yes I'm so bored I'm watching CSPAN.

There is a deal on right now with the Heritage Foundation regarding the moonbat messiah regime's cutting funding in half for the program that allows pilots to arm themselves. I just have to wonder why the hell it takes $25 million dollars to arm a few thousand people. Even if the program is cut in half, you mean to tell me it takes 12 million dollars a year to run a program like this? Why on earth should it cost that much? IMO this is another example of government screwing up everything it touches. Let pilots carry, period. If they want to kill people, they're limited by magazine capacity, but not by the tilt and throttle.

Ruby

I'm for it. IIRC, NO ONE hijacks an Israeli airliner. And until just recently, no one went into an Israeli school and killed school children; sad to say, that is no longer true.

LkWd_Don

PrayingForWar said:
Armed Pilots clipped ~~ the Heritage Foundation ~~ cutting funding in half for the program that allows pilots to arm themselves. ~~ why the hell it takes $25 million dollars to arm a few thousand people. Even if the program is cut in half, you mean to tell me it takes 12 million dollars a year to run a program like this? ~~ Let pilots carry, period. If they want to kill people, they're limited by magazine capacity, but not by the tilt and throttle.

I'm for it. IIRC, NO ONE hijacks an Israeli airliner. And until just recently, no one went into an Israeli school and killed school children; sad to say, that is no longer true.

Post 9/11 all cock-pit doors were upgraded to prevent Armed Assailants from being able to get in, so arming Pilots now, is like putting armed guards inside a bank vault every night.
Are you confusing the cuts they are making in maintaining Armed US Marshals on-board flights? One of the proposals was to arm the Pilots so that they can get rid of US Marshals from every flight. One problem is that the Marshals do not have other duties like flying the plane and are in a position that they can view the other passengers. Another is that if there is no US Marshal then either the Pilot or Co-Pilot has to leave the cock-pit to quell any problems, as soon as they open the door, everything can go bad instantly.

It is a good thing that I have not heard anyone in our government being accused of using common sense lately, as they prove daily they have none.

I wonder how much of that money they spent on their research that I could have just saved them with this simple post?