Thread: Usaa

Usaa

So, I went to the USAA branch here in the Springs this morning and noticed a sign upon entering that said no firearms on the premises and the same thing etched on the glass doors. I went in and asked the guard what exactly that meant. Whether open/concealed or whether that is for employees or not. All he could say was, "I don't know". Anyone have any idea on their policy?

Quote Originally Posted by RFrampton View Post
    So, I went to the USAA branch here in the Springs this morning and noticed a sign upon entering that said no firearms on the premises and the same thing etched on the glass doors. I went in and asked the guard what exactly that meant. Whether open/concealed or whether that is for employees or not. All he could say was, "I don't know". Anyone have any idea on their policy?
    So then you went to the branch manager and...?

She's at a managers conference. I have to call her on Tuesday. The 3 employees that I spoke with, 2 2 are married to soldiers and don't have an issue with it but its not their decision. The 1 guy I spoke with had never even noticed the sign. And none of them had heard of a policy 1 way of the other. I emailed corporate last night asking for clarification but seeing as to how it is the weekend, I don't expect to hear anything until Monday.
    I just didn't know if anyone here had already been through this is not.

Their No Firearms policy is "No Firearms," same as Navy Federal Credit Union and some other anti-Constitutional banking institutions out there. It applies to all employees as well as their guests. As they're a private business, it's their right to do so.

It's my right to bank elsewhere, which I do, with an institution that doesn't bat an eye when I walk in while lawfully armed.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Their No Firearms policy is "No Firearms," same as Navy Federal Credit Union and some other anti-Constitutional banking institutions out there. It applies to all employees as well as their guests. As they're a private business, it's their right to do so.

It's my right to bank elsewhere, which I do, with an institution that doesn't bat an eye when I walk in while lawfully armed.
    I've never had a problem at Navy Federal and the branch in Aurora isn't posted that I've noticed.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    http://www.ColoradoGunOwners.com

A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Colorado Firearm law.
    http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/colorado/
    Lexis Nexis: Colorado law pertaining to firearms.
    Title 18, Article 12

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    I've never had a problem at Navy Federal...
    I was denied entry, and closed my account the very next day.

Meanwhile, I bank at ENT, founded by an Air Force veteran. I've been a member for more than 15 years and have OC'd in their offices repeatedly. One of the security guards with whom I've become friends remains skittish, but he's ok with me being there, as he knows me as a fellow Vet.
    Last edited by since9; 03-29-2012 at 02:24 PM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I just switched from Bank of Colorado to Wells Fargo Monday walked in to open an account not even thinking about my firearm on my side in plain veiw.....Not only did anyone not even care but the bank Manager that assisted me with opening my account asked me what I carried and we ended up having a 20 min convo about handguns and places he open carries in the area that support our rights so even if I didnt get a great deal on my accounts I'd bank there simply on principal.