Thread: OK to OC or CC (with permit) in a DMV?

OK to OC or CC (with permit) in a DMV?

Just curious if there are any laws prohibiting otherwise legal carry in a DMV?

Thanks, Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichV View Post
    Just curious if there are any laws prohibiting otherwise legal carry in a DMV?

Thanks, Rich
    It has been noted in this forum many times that many people carry in DMV.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

Thanks for the info

Btw, i did try searching before posting, but unfortunately the search capability on this forum doesn't allow for a 3 letter search (DMV). I tried searching division of motor vehicles too without success.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichV View Post
    Thanks for the info

Btw, i did try searching before posting, but unfortunately the search capability on this forum doesn't allow for a 3 letter search (DMV). I tried searching division of motor vehicles too without success.
    It's no big deal Rich. Some of us get weary of the limited search capabilities provided in the forum software. There is tons of information on this board, but it's a real crap shoot if you'll be able to find it. I've had posts and discussions that I knew existed from years past that I had to spend an hour trying to find and I knew what I was looking for. Thus the limited search function really limits the usefulness of OCDO for folks who haven't been around for years.
    Last edited by jmelvin; 03-24-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post
    It's no big deal Rich. Some of us get weary of the limited search capabilities provided in the forum software. There is tons of information on this board, but it's a real crap shoot if you'll be able to find it. I've had posts and discussions that I knew existed from years past that I had to spend an hour trying to find and I knew what I was looking for. Thus the limited search function really limits the usefulness of OCDO for folks who haven't been around for years.
    Yep!

Search tips

For the cases where the forum serach "features" are not helping you out, give the Google site search function a try.

It's easiest to use with the Google toolbar added into your browser, but the raw search format for this particular search would look something like this, typed into a Google search box:

site:forum.opencarry.org DMV

Note, there is no way to limit the results to only the Virginia forum, because that is a database function of the forum software. You might try using:

site:forum.opencarry.org DMV Virginia

to further refine the search. A quick try with that one seemed to kick out several threads that the OP would have been interested in reading.

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post
    It's an old man's club I'm telling you!
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

I've open carried in the Chesapeake DMV before, nothing happened. There is no law against it.

Thank you all for the comments and the forum search tips!

I searched for this in Google and got this thread in 30 seconds. Also, I noticed I'm not the only person OCing in here. I wonder if he searched the same thing before coming lol.

If you're on here, other guy open carrying, nice job helping that old lady park.