• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OK to OC or CC (with permit) in a DMV?

RichV

Thanks for the info

Btw, i did try searching before posting, but unfortunately the search capability on this forum doesn't allow for a 3 letter search (DMV). I tried searching division of motor vehicles too without success.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Thanks for the info

Btw, i did try searching before posting, but unfortunately the search capability on this forum doesn't allow for a 3 letter search (DMV). I tried searching division of motor vehicles too without success.

It's no big deal Rich. Some of us get weary of the limited search capabilities provided in the forum software. There is tons of information on this board, but it's a real crap shoot if you'll be able to find it. I've had posts and discussions that I knew existed from years past that I had to spend an hour trying to find and I knew what I was looking for. Thus the limited search function really limits the usefulness of OCDO for folks who haven't been around for years.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
It's no big deal Rich. Some of us get weary of the limited search capabilities provided in the forum software. There is tons of information on this board, but it's a real crap shoot if you'll be able to find it. I've had posts and discussions that I knew existed from years past that I had to spend an hour trying to find and I knew what I was looking for. Thus the limited search function really limits the usefulness of OCDO for folks who haven't been around for years.

Yep!

TFred

Search tips

For the cases where the forum serach "features" are not helping you out, give the Google site search function a try.

It's easiest to use with the Google toolbar added into your browser, but the raw search format for this particular search would look something like this, typed into a Google search box:

site:forum.opencarry.org DMV

Note, there is no way to limit the results to only the Virginia forum, because that is a database function of the forum software. You might try using:

site:forum.opencarry.org DMV Virginia

to further refine the search. A quick try with that one seemed to kick out several threads that the OP would have been interested in reading.

TFred

nuc65

Activist Member

It's an old man's club I'm telling you! :p :banana: :monkey:eek:

WhatTimeIsIt?

I've open carried in the Chesapeake DMV before, nothing happened. There is no law against it.

JesterP99

I searched for this in Google and got this thread in 30 seconds. Also, I noticed I'm not the only person OCing in here. I wonder if he searched the same thing before coming lol.