• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti castle doctrine protest Sunday in west bend

phleye

Just one more thing about the media....I saw a commercial for CBS 58 news last night (Sunday) and they were talking about Bo. It was their choice of words that really made my blood pressure hit the roof....they said he was "gunned down" in the house. I really hate it that they have to put a negative connotation on anything gun related. Just before CC was here they would always say we would soon be "packing heat". I can't stand the media here.

MKEgal

phleye said:
Just one more thing about the media...
If they told the truth & didn't sensationalize it, [strike]nobody[/strike] very few people would be interested.

"Intruder stopped in the act by lawfully-armed homeowner"
"Armed robbery stopped by lawfully-armed citizen"
sound boring.

"Child gunned down on porch"
"Freelance wealth redistribution agent threatened by vigilante packing heat"
are interesting.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If they told the truth & didn't sensationalize it, [strike]nobody[/strike] very few people would be interested.

"Intruder stopped in the act by lawfully-armed homeowner"
"Armed robbery stopped by lawfully-armed citizen"
sound boring.

"Child gunned down on porch"
"Freelance wealth redistribution agent threatened by vigilante packing heat"
are interesting.

Choices are slim - no news may be good news, but it doesn't sell copy.

If a firm is 879 days w/o an accident/injury, few care - but let a load fall off a fork lift, and OSHA and the mayor will be there.
The pack animals and the scavengers move in for their share.

MKEgal

The reporter's email is available by hovering over or clicking on his name.

enabler said:
"A man executed my son at point blank," she said. "This law was not passed to execute people."
She's right. Castle doctrine is not about executing people.
It's about self-protection in a very specific & limited set of circumstances, places where people have the right to feel/be the most secure. There's no reason for someone to enter my home or my vehicle without my consent. Ditto for the use of force. I should not be required to get out of my own home or vehicle just because some low-life decides he wants it.

"Self-defense is a legitimate reason" for deadly force, Jones said. "The castle doctrine is just an excuse."
Why is this so hard to understand: Castle Doctrine is self-defense.
It simply gives stronger legal protection to people in certain limited areas/circumstances.
Besides, he obviously either didn't read or didn't understand the DA's report. Even without CD, this would have been covered under the self-defense laws. Only difference is that the victim/defender can't be subject to legal persecution under CD.

The castle doctrine, he said, "makes it too convenient of an out for people" who shoot others in their home.
:banghead: :cuss:
Again, why is this so hard to understand?

"People are going to be shooting anyone who comes in their yard they don't like the look of."
Project much, lady?
I'm glad that woman will never have a gun, for her own sake as well as that of the general public.
She'd end up harming or killing someone illegally & cost taxpayers the expense of a trial + jail/prison.

Psychological projection... is a... defense mechanism where a person subconsciously denies his or her own attributes, thoughts, and emotions, which are then ascribed to the outside world, usually to other people. Thus, projection involves imagining or projecting the belief that others originate those feelings.

'Patients with paranoid personalities, for example, use projection as a primary defense because it allows them to disavow unpleasant feelings and attribute them to others'.

For more discussion of defense mechanisms...
immature defences (i.e. fantasy, projection, passive aggression, acting out)
pathological defences (i.e. psychotic denial, delusional projection)

Projection is a primitive form of paranoia

-