• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti castle doctrine protest Sunday in west bend

bmwguy11

The liberal daily news can't stop giving front page articles to Bo morrisons friends. They continue painting this picture that this man was killed for no reason and that castle is a license to kill. Todays paper has yet another front page article. This time covering their online petitions as well as a protest in west bend at 5pm sunday at Schmidt road and hwy 33.

I'm half tempted to go out their and protest in favor of castle... These people just don't get it.

Firearms Iinstuctor

The liberal daily news can't stop giving front page articles to Bo morrisons friends. They continue painting this picture that this man was killed for no reason and that castle is a license to kill. Todays paper has yet another front page article. This time covering their online petitions as well as a protest in west bend at 5pm sunday at Schmidt road and hwy 33.

I'm half tempted to go out their and protest in favor of castle... These people just don't get it.

They get it all right it is about control.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

From the left (WAVE) or the right (NRA), gun control is merely control.

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
all these people are going to do is make fools of themselves as usual.

How can any intelligent person be against being able to properly defend themselves during a unauthorized/forced entry. I bet less than 25 people show up!

- You seriously underestimate the power and appeal of the emotion-laden whining and stupidity that are de rigeur in our current culture.

- Bo Morrison's immediate family a circle of "friends" & acquaintances total more than 25 people. If less than 25 people show up I have a picture of Andrew Jackson printed in green ink that I will mail to you.

- Even if only 20 people show up and you are $20 richer, there will be media coverage.

Last edited:

MKEgal

There's even a FB page about it:
https://www.facebook.com/events/179451782173154/
They don't like logic.
(Things like, "don't break into someone's home & you're less likely to get hurt".)

Then there are the stupid media pieces:
Politiscoop, with the subtitle "citizen journalism; truth matters".
Daily Kos, linking the FL & WI cases.
And MSNBC with a mishmash of semi-related articles in one day's show.

From the politiscoop page:
Friends who were with Morrison that night say he was just hiding after police arrived at an underage drinking party next door.
And this mitigates anything how, exactly?
Underage drinking (a common crime for Bo), eluding police, breaking & entering...

There are so many questions surrounding this case that there needs to be an outcry from the public to see if this was indeed, a justifiable killing.
Um, no, you need to read the DAs report. That lays out the facts & the law in great detail. This was justifiable, no way around it. The intruder broke into the home. He used force to enter (the door wasn't standing open). The homeowner hadn't invited him to be there.

...how long has the owner owned a gun? I do understand this took place within proximity of his home, but did he recently apply for a conceal carry permit?
No, it happened INSIDE his home, & both how long he had a pistol and if he had or had applied for a carry license have absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Wisconsin decided it was okay to kill another, even if there wasn’t a clear and present danger
No, WI legislators decided that someone illegally in your home, who has entered by force, IS a clear & present danger.

WI Rep. Chris Taylor said:
This law encourages people to resort to vigilantism and use deadly force instead of calling the police. This is a barbaric law that must be immediately repealed.
The police were supposedly already within a block, yet it took them 5min to arrive at the scene of the shooting.
If the victim had waited for police to respond to his call for help he (& his wife & the 3 kids in the house) could have been dead if the intruder had harmful intent.
If the victim had waited for a clear picture of what was in the intruder's hand he could have been dead if it were a knife or gun.
There is nothing "vigilante" or "barbaric" about self-defense.
Well, OK, maybe it can be barbaric, but a good person will only go to that extreme to stop the threat from the criminal.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Might want to check the weather - if cold, windy or raining, the anti protest will be short - they are "fair weather protesters" IMHO.

That and by counter protesting, you add to the size/scope and make it more media worthy. My personal observation is that the anti groups do not really generate much interest nor much of a following - they are withering away. Plus if you are not there, there can be no confrontations.

Just something about which to think - occasionally less is more.

bmwguy11

You make excellent points.

By the way, anyone read the journal sentinel today? Try not to throw up. My favorite is their headline "homeowner knew police were nearby" yet the homeowner says he had no idea the police were nearby, and there is no evidence to back up the headline. And they were so nearby it still took them over 5 minutes to get there?

HandyHamlet

By the way, anyone read the journal sentinel today?

http://www.jsonline.com/news/ozwash...e-nearby-before-firing-5s4n7e0-144120795.html

This is worth the read. It is VERY detailed.

The night of the party, 16 young people, ranging in age from 15 to 23, were caught in the Hess garage. Most of them denied Morrison had been there. A report from a Jackson police officer who assisted at the scene described the young people as foul-mouthed and insensitive. Even after some of them realized that Morrison had been killed next door, they were joking about hiding in the attic, and complaining about being cut off from beer and cigarettes.

"The attitude and demeanor of everyone involved was in complete disrespect for the seriousness of the situation," the officer wrote.

Morrison, who had studied carpentry at Milwaukee Area Technical College and worked at Menard's, had more reason than others at the party not to get caught. He was out on bail from four pending criminal cases, and as a condition was not to consume alcohol. An autopsy showed he had a blood-alcohol level of 0.19.

Kind, married for 10 years with two children, works as a brick mason for a construction company, Mastantuono said. Kind has no criminal record, and has used firearms for years as a hunter and sportsman. He owns other rifles and shotguns but only the one handgun, Mastantuono said, and had applied for a concealed-carry permit but didn't receive it until after the shooting. He had not been drinking the night of the shooting, Mastantuono said.

Last edited:

MKEgal

Well, now that the victim's name is known, perhaps some words of support would be a good idea?
From what's given in the article, it's not hard to find the address with a little google-fu.
Or send it c/o the law firm.
Will be sending a card tomorrow.
(BTW, I think it's pretty low of the paper to publish the victim's name.)

Last edited:

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
We should just ignore it in my opinion.
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

With all do respect Paul, "all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

"They" already have the senate. They have a 40% chance or better of taking the governorship. IF, they get Walker, they will also take the Assembly in the fall.

We need to stand to the ultra left at every turn.

bmwguy11

I drove by there, gave them a big thumbs down for all their "repeal castle doctrine" signs. The car in front of me actually slowed down so they could drive by the crowd slowly to make sure they all saw his thumbs down whoever he was.

You know, what's really sick about all of this. What are these kids learning? Absolutely nothing, other than when you screw up, it's ok to blame everyone else. Not one of them or the parents are accepting any kind of responsibility. Then again, given Bo's rap sheet, you can see why he racked up all those charges. It starts with the parents. This is such a huge opportunity to teach these kids, and it's being squandered with this crap, placing blame on everyone but Bo. It really disgusts me. No lessons learned by any of those kids involved.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

No lessons learned by any of those kids involved.
When I was a kid in California, we used to hang coyote carcases on the barbed-wire fence. Bro Bo be DRT (Dead Right There) ought to be a lesson, even for a dumb animal like a coyote.

I'm sending Neal Boortz (0730-1100 AM730 WSB Atlanta - audio stream) a request to play tomorrow Who shot Boo? for Bo and Trayvon.

Last edited:

bmwguy11

That's the other thing. These people act like "oh he was just hiding" and that he was this innocent victim. So, we're supposed to believe that someone who is on the path to being a career criminal would have just been like "oh my bad you caught me breaking into your home and hiding from the cops, i'll just leave now"? Who knows what this Bo was capable of at this point, and with that much alcohol in his system. He'd already broken into someone's home just to hide from the cops, what else would he have been willing to do in the heat of the moment to get away? This story could have turned out really badly for the innocent people in that home.

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
More than 160 people at Sunday's protest carried signs such as "Repeal the castle doctrine" and "Castle doctrine=License to kill."
Lauri Morrison, the victim's mother, said her family was heartbroken to hear Bensen's decision.
"A man executed my son at point blank," she said. "This law was not passed to execute people."

http://www.jsonline.com/news/ozwash...st-castle-doctrine-law-7k4nq86-144168245.html

So we have at least 160 people in the area who didn't hear what the Washington County DA said in interviews with the press and didn't read his published report indicating this was legitimate self-defense and Castle Doctrine had no impact on his decision.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

You can lead jackasses to water but you can't make them drink, think or read.