• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Timer

Michael O'Brien

Today I decided to open carry around Cedar Lake, I had some running around to do and as most people on here say nothing different happened. Stopped into BP in town nothing other than a few questions about the gun. One other costomer saw that it was in cond #1 and said "Boy he's all set to go hammer back and everything!" I told him when and if it's needed I don't think the other person or persons will give you time to rack a round. :) Honestly it feels good to have my RIGHT back.
Traveled to Wisconsin sucked stopping at Illinois boarder both ways but Wisconsin was very cool as well contacted the DOJ Department of Justice just to be sure. The lady on the phone said very happily "Welcome to Wisconsin, Indiana". Joked about Illinois being in the way and she agreed.
Seeing all these groups about open carry it would be cool to stand on the Indiana side of State Line Road with signs and information for the poor people to the West.

Mike

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Welcome to the forum Michael.

Make that sign doubled sided and you can get them coming and going. :lol:

Michael O'Brien

St. John Target open carry

Stopped in St. John Target today few looks nothing else. Of corse had to get a coffee at Starbucks inside.

Mark 1911

I have OC'd in several restaurants in Highland and Munster, and in other commercial establishments while in the course of doing my chores and have had no problems to date. Nothing said at all. I haven't OC'd until recently, so I don't have a lot of OC time to talk about. Will continue to post my experiences. Maybe things will change, but so far so good.

Mark 1911

My wife and I went out for dinner Tuesday night at the Red Lobster in Munster, IN. Had my Kimber in a hip holster. The waitress seemed a little nervous at first, but don't know if that had anything to do with the OC. She never commented on it. The manager stopped by before we left and asked us if everything was OK referring to the dinner, but never commented on the OC. Noticed a couple of patrons take a glance. Other than that, no comments at all.

Last edited: