Thread: Thanks for a good Vacation Wisconsin!!

Cool Thanks for a good Vacation Wisconsin!!

Up in Holmen last week called the DOJ to be sure that everything was good to go with open carry and my Indiana Permit. Very nice on the phone told me welcome to Wisconsin, Indiana OC or CC just make sure I have my permit and ID with me. Talked to an officer in town about it at the bar(gun was at home). He told me it would be wise to CC than OC asked him why told me that it could get me into trouble because people may get worried. I asked him is it not better to inform the uninformed than to strip a Right away from a law abiding person? Other than that no problems on my end exept I have to go through Illinois to get here, back at home cant wait to Flex my Right again in WI.

The friendliest people in the world live in Wisconsin. Smiles still survive here. Welcome back anytime.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    The friendliest people in the world live in Wisconsin. Smiles still survive here. Welcome back anytime.
    Well said. I agree. I moved here for the beautiful environment and will stay for my wonderful neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael O'Brien View Post
    Up in Holmen last week called the DOJ to be sure that everything was good to go with open carry and my Indiana Permit. Very nice on the phone told me welcome to Wisconsin, Indiana OC or CC just make sure I have my permit and ID with me. Talked to an officer in town about it at the bar(gun was at home). He told me it would be wise to CC than OC asked him why told me that it could get me into trouble because people may get worried. I asked him is it not better to inform the uninformed than to strip a Right away from a law abiding person? Other than that no problems on my end exept I have to go through Illinois to get here, back at home cant wait to Flex my Right again in WI.
    Where did you get your IN PERMIT? I could have sworn their issued LICENSE to Carry a Handgun (LTCH).

OC as much as you like and tell the police nothing if asked. If you get arrested, WCI has a good lawyer to help. Oh, and I've never had any problem OCing (outside of some overzealous LEOs).
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Correct it's a LTCH, just called it a permit for short. Also it's a lifetime LTCH one time fee. A little unsure on the car carry, my family lives up there I heard that with your permit/license changed the vehicle carry conditions in WIS. Any clarification would be nice for my next trip up to the state in a few days.
    Last edited by Michael O'Brien; 03-26-2012 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael O'Brien View Post
    Correct it's a LTCH, just called it a permit for short. Also it's a lifetime LTCH one time fee. A little unsure on the car carry, my family lives up there I heard that with your permit/license changed the vehicle carry conditions in WIS. Any clarification would be nice for my next trip up to the state in a few days.
    No need for a license/permit for car carry (see 167.31), however, some police will say it is concealed if it is not on the dash. Since you have your LTCH, you are good to go for car carry regardless.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)