Thread: OT - Tough Mudder

OT - Tough Mudder

Tough Mudder is coming to Washington for the first time in september, is anyone planning on participating?

This is something I had looked at in the past. It definitely has my interest. I recently started getting back into shape so I'm thinking about it. I think I read on the site it is in September so that is plenty of time to train. I'll really need to focus on strengthening my right knee.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Tough Mudder sounds cool! I'm always up for a good challenge!
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." George Patton

Maybe next time they are in town. I would absolutely love to run the course but I am not in that kind of shape yet. I've lost 20 pounds over the last few months but still have a little more to go
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

My friend at work is trying to get me to join his team. Too much running for me though.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

My wife and I are doing it, plus trying to get a couple friends to join us. She's a workout fiend and isn't going to have any trouble, but I'm going to have to put some serious work in between now and Sept. Probably won't OC for this event, I doubt if my Kimber would appreciate being slogged through the water and mud. ;-)

What time slot are you signed up for? We'll be at the 10:20.

Last summer my wife and I did the Hell Run and the Gladiator run. These things are all very similar and very fun. Don't worry about getting all buffer up for these, you don't have to run if you don't want to. It's not a race, you are just competing with yourself for the time. It is a social kind of thing, like a party, which they all have (beer garden) when you complete. I highly recommend doing any of these events just for fun and the unique challenge. (And don't be afraid to get muddy, that's the point. If you come to the end and you're not muddy, you wussed out.)
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

I still need to sign up so I don't have a time yet but I will within a week or so. I have right knee problems too Decklin but I've been training pretty hard to prepare and warrior dash is coming up in June which I think I'll do as a warm up. I love that tough mudder finally comes to washington and it's five minutes from my house

Haven't done the Tough Mudder yet, thinkng about signing up in August in the Poconoes (sp?)...

I would suggest the Spartan Super more so than the Warrior Dash.

The WD was more of a fun run, seriously. Even the Spartan Sprint (5k) is like a fun run where they expect everyone to finish.

I'm not too sure any of the 5k's translate to the Tough Mudder really...

I'd maybe try the Spartan Super...
    "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism." - George Washington, Farewell Address, 1796

I will be running Tough Mudder

Quote Originally Posted by Hardbuck90 View Post
    Tough Mudder is coming to Washington for the first time in september, is anyone planning on participating?
    I ran a Tough Mudder in California in 2010 -- it was a total blast!

I am planning on running in the one here as well....guess I need to start training again soon .