• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT - Tough Mudder

Hardbuck90

Tough Mudder is coming to Washington for the first time in september, is anyone planning on participating?

decklin

This is something I had looked at in the past. It definitely has my interest. I recently started getting back into shape so I'm thinking about it. I think I read on the site it is in September so that is plenty of time to train. I'll really need to focus on strengthening my right knee.

fire suppressor

Maybe next time they are in town. I would absolutely love to run the course but I am not in that kind of shape yet. I've lost 20 pounds over the last few months but still have a little more to go

country.hacker

My wife and I are doing it, plus trying to get a couple friends to join us. She's a workout fiend and isn't going to have any trouble, but I'm going to have to put some serious work in between now and Sept. Probably won't OC for this event, I doubt if my Kimber would appreciate being slogged through the water and mud. ;-)

What time slot are you signed up for? We'll be at the 10:20.

SpyderTattoo

Last summer my wife and I did the Hell Run and the Gladiator run. These things are all very similar and very fun. Don't worry about getting all buffer up for these, you don't have to run if you don't want to. It's not a race, you are just competing with yourself for the time. It is a social kind of thing, like a party, which they all have (beer garden) when you complete. I highly recommend doing any of these events just for fun and the unique challenge. (And don't be afraid to get muddy, that's the point. If you come to the end and you're not muddy, you wussed out.)

Hardbuck90

I still need to sign up so I don't have a time yet but I will within a week or so. I have right knee problems too Decklin but I've been training pretty hard to prepare and warrior dash is coming up in June which I think I'll do as a warm up. I love that tough mudder finally comes to washington and it's five minutes from my house

Stanley

Haven't done the Tough Mudder yet, thinkng about signing up in August in the Poconoes (sp?)...

I would suggest the Spartan Super more so than the Warrior Dash.

The WD was more of a fun run, seriously. Even the Spartan Sprint (5k) is like a fun run where they expect everyone to finish.

I'm not too sure any of the 5k's translate to the Tough Mudder really...

I'd maybe try the Spartan Super...

HeesBonafide

I will be running Tough Mudder

Tough Mudder is coming to Washington for the first time in september, is anyone planning on participating?

I ran a Tough Mudder in California in 2010 -- it was a total blast!

I am planning on running in the one here as well....guess I need to start training again soon ;).