• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs to sleep with a gun by the bed?

ocholsteroc

That is a philosophy I have lived by for years.

Locked, cocked and ready to rock. I have no children in my house and the neighborhood is not what it was 30 years ago.

None the less, I love the home my wife made for my family and will defend us and it against all invaders.

To quote a famous person, "I pity the fool" that messes with my wife if she has to shoot. She has awesome training and experience from her time in the US Army.

I do not look for trouble, but I am prepared for it should it find me.

That reminds me of a qoute from a karate kid movie, I think the 2nd one. Where the main guy says "I am not looking for trouble" and the bad guy "But trouble may be looking for you"

davidmcbeth

Banned
Not to put too fine a point on it, but I wonder if any of you 'cowboys' (and I use that term affectionately) have ever simulated the action and timing needed to use your 'bedside' weaponry against a threat. IOW, use an airsoft gun, have someone barge into your room at night, light in the face, noisy, you're sound asleep and see if you have the wherewithal to deploy and target the threat?

thats why I have a nuclear option available.....

ss40

I keep my 40. in a bed side holster mount from bedsidedefense.com since my dog sleeps like the dead most of the time, and i worry about trying to get in my safe fast enough if i ever need to in the middle of the night.