Thread: Gunshow Today

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Gunshow Today

I went there to buy a bipod for a special project. It wasn't especially crowded but according to a few of the vendors, had been a good show.

We stopped by the VCDL table, said hello and told stories about Skidmark, then went on.

I don't take a lot of money to those things for a reason.

I found the bipod I needed, bought it, then saw a super deal on a headlamp {277 candle power) and bought it, started to leave and saw a vertical forearm grip I needed...bought it and headed for the door.

Then I saw a 12 ga double barrel I've been trying to NOT by for two or three shows. I had to have it so I bought it......THEN LEFT!

I am sorry sir. The symptoms are clear. There is only one diagnosis. You sir have a case of GAS (Gun Acquisition Syndrome)

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I went there to buy a bipod for a special project. It wasn't especially crowded but according to a few of the vendors, had been a good show.

We stopped by the VCDL table, said hello and told stories about Skidmark, then went on.

I don't take a lot of money to those things for a reason.

I found the bipod I needed, bought it, then saw a super deal on a headlamp {277 candle power) and bought it, started to leave and saw a vertical forearm grip I needed...bought it and headed for the door.

Then I saw a 12 ga double barrel I've been trying to NOT by for two or three shows. I had to have it so I bought it......THEN LEFT!
    thank you.you're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by half_life1052 View Post
    I am sorry sir. The symptoms are clear. There is only one diagnosis. You sir have a case of GAS (Gun Acquisition Syndrome)
    Happily, there is no cure.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Since when is the truth considered a "story"?

And yes, I actually do list in that direction if not counterbalanced.

In closing, I'll merely note that you had no better answer to the query posed. If I recall correctly, you had no response at all.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Since when is the truth considered a "story"?

And yes, I actually do list in that direction if not counterbalanced.

In closing, I'll merely note that you had no better answer to the query posed. If I recall correctly, you had no response at all.

stay safe.
    History is full of stories... It is even right in the word itself. Face it Skidmark, you are a part of history now.:beer:

Sent using tapatalk
    Last edited by Baked on Grease; 03-26-2012 at 11:33 AM.
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Quote Originally Posted by Baked on Grease View Post
    History is full of stories... It is even right in the word itself. Face it Skidmark, you are a part of history now.:beer:
    Apparently I am.

Was picking up a new toy today and discussing why I had been "delayed". Some folks who admitted to being newbies to handgunning perked up their ears and said they thought they had heard my name somewhere. One of the folks behind the counter mentioned my "handle" and SHAZAM! - instant celebrity! ::blush::

And "history" is only written by the winners, right?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Apparently I am.

Was picking up a new toy today and discussing why I had been "delayed". Some folks who admitted to being newbies to handgunning perked up their ears and said they thought they had heard my name somewhere. One of the folks behind the counter mentioned my "handle" and SHAZAM! - instant celebrity! ::blush::

stay safe.
    Selective memory is such a beautiful thing - nowadays all days are pretty darn good, a what?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Apparently I am.

stay safe.