• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gunshow Today

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I went there to buy a bipod for a special project. It wasn't especially crowded but according to a few of the vendors, had been a good show.

We stopped by the VCDL table, said hello and told stories about Skidmark:lol:, then went on.

I don't take a lot of money to those things for a reason.

I found the bipod I needed, bought it, then saw a super deal on a headlamp {277 candle power) and bought it, started to leave and saw a vertical forearm grip I needed...bought it and headed for the door.

Then I saw a 12 ga double barrel I've been trying to NOT by for two or three shows. I had to have it so I bought it......THEN LEFT!:uhoh:

half_life1052

I am sorry sir. The symptoms are clear. There is only one diagnosis. You sir have a case of GAS (Gun Acquisition Syndrome):lol:

67GT390FB

I went there to buy a bipod for a special project. It wasn't especially crowded but according to a few of the vendors, had been a good show.

We stopped by the VCDL table, said hello and told stories about Skidmark:lol:, then went on.

I don't take a lot of money to those things for a reason.

I found the bipod I needed, bought it, then saw a super deal on a headlamp {277 candle power) and bought it, started to leave and saw a vertical forearm grip I needed...bought it and headed for the door.

Then I saw a 12 ga double barrel I've been trying to NOT by for two or three shows. I had to have it so I bought it......THEN LEFT!:uhoh:

thank you.you're welcome. :)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Since when is the truth considered a "story"?

And yes, I actually do list in that direction if not counterbalanced.:D

In closing, I'll merely note that you had no better answer to the query posed. If I recall correctly, you had no response at all.

stay safe.

Baked on Grease

Since when is the truth considered a "story"?

And yes, I actually do list in that direction if not counterbalanced.:D

In closing, I'll merely note that you had no better answer to the query posed. If I recall correctly, you had no response at all.

stay safe.

History is full of stories... It is even right in the word itself. Face it Skidmark, you are a part of history now.:beer:

Sent using tapatalk

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
History is full of stories... It is even right in the word itself. Face it Skidmark, you are a part of history now.:beer:

Apparently I am.

Was picking up a new toy today and discussing why I had been "delayed". Some folks who admitted to being newbies to handgunning perked up their ears and said they thought they had heard my name somewhere. One of the folks behind the counter mentioned my "handle" and SHAZAM! - instant celebrity! ::blush::

And "history" is only written by the winners, right?:shocker:

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Apparently I am.

Was picking up a new toy today and discussing why I had been "delayed". Some folks who admitted to being newbies to handgunning perked up their ears and said they thought they had heard my name somewhere. One of the folks behind the counter mentioned my "handle" and SHAZAM! - instant celebrity! ::blush::

stay safe.

Selective memory is such a beautiful thing - nowadays all days are pretty darn good, a what? :lol:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Apparently I am.

stay safe.

santa-2.jpg