• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Restrictions on OC or CC at polling locations?

FTG-05

I'm not aware of any such law. My polling place is a church, I supposed they could put up a no weapon sign, but that's about it.

Here are the AL gun laws: http://www.ago.state.al.us/Page-Gun-Reprocity-Law (open the bulleted link) When I do a search on the AL Gun Laws .pdf, I find no words containing the word "poll" or "vote".

FWIW.

Brimstone Baritone

There is no rule or law prohibiting carry at a polling place simply because of it being a polling place. It would have to be somewhere that otherwise restricted carry.

Also, I know this wasn't part of your original question, but your Concealed Pistol License is considered valid ID for voting.