• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A poll I need you to hit

mavidal

Hi:

Well, the bastion of liberalism in news reporting, the Miami Herald has a poll going right now if the Stand Your Ground Law should be repealed. I just voted and we're behind 45% to 55% so I need y'all to hit this one and hit it hard. The also had a big op-ed piece today on why the law should be repealed. Here is the link, the poll is on the left side of the page: http://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/#navlink=navbar

Thanks

Mike V.

HankT

State Researcher
Hi:

Well, the bastion of liberalism in news reporting, the Miami Herald has a poll going right now if the Stand Your Ground Law should be repealed. I just voted and we're behind 45% to 55% so I need y'all to hit this one and hit it hard.[/url]

Why?

It's not a scientific poll. It lacks reliability and validity.

It is a waste of time to "hit it hard."

In fact, the harder you (or the other side) "hit it," the more of a waste of time it is.

There have got to be better things to do on this subject.

mavidal

Hi:

Well, the bastion of liberalism in news reporting, the Miami Herald has a poll going right now if the Stand Your Ground Law should be repealed. I just voted and we're behind 45% to 55% so I need y'all to hit this one and hit it hard. The also had a big op-ed piece today on why the law should be repealed. Here is the link, the poll is on the left side of the page: http://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/#navlink=navbar

Thanks

Mike V.

Final outcome, 57% against, 43% for.

Thanks for your support.

Mike V

HankT

State Researcher
MSNBC we are loosing bad, but not surprising given the audience.

Orlando Sentinel we are loosing

All the others we are wining.

MV

MSNBC
Should the "stand your ground" laws in America be repealed?

Yes 88%

No 12%

Total Votes: 5288

I guess they "hit it harder."

MUCH harder.
:)

ADulay

It's probably because most of the people in this country really don't understand what the words actually mean.

Most of these people think that SYG means you can have somebody look funny at you and legally kill them. At least that's what the slanted media and tabloids would like everyone to believe.

When dealing with what are basically "non-gun" people, you really can't assume they understand anything about weapons and the law.

All they know is from what one of the multiple "Kardashian" sisters tells them during the eventing soaps!

AD (open carry advocate, full time)