Thread: New DNR Lapeer Pit Rules FYI

New DNR Lapeer Pit Rules FYI

Please read the attached rules relating to the Lapeer Pit. No targets except paper, clays and cardboard. Be forewarned!
    Attached Files Attached Files

A couple of items to note:

1. The March Minutes have not yet been published, this is where those new rules would have been approved (were on the Agenda).

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7...888---,00.html

2. There were no new rules put up yet, I was there yesterday (and was OC'ing).

That is most excellent. I've being going there for almost a decade and it'll be nice to see the place consistently not trashed. That is, if they enforce it.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

What would be the penalty if someone used unapproved targets? Why wouldn't they write something like that into it? Community service picking up trash at the pit would be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    That is most excellent. I've being going there for almost a decade and it'll be nice to see the place consistently not trashed. That is, if they enforce it.
    I would imagine they will enforce it, might be waiting to have a clean-up first before posting the new rules.

Quote Originally Posted by WilDChilD View Post
    What would be the penalty if someone used unapproved targets? Why wouldn't they write something like that into it? Community service picking up trash at the pit would be a good idea.
    Unknown, but other DNR Regulation Violations are quite stiff with Penalties.

I use steel reactionary targets and steel pepper poppers. After the intial cost these things are awesome! I tried to leave a message but the number I used was not working. I would like them to add these as something that could used.
    Last edited by NHCGRPR45; 03-27-2012 at 02:21 AM.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Banned
    Too bad. There goes one of the last places to shoot in the state.

if only people could have cleaned up after themselves. not saying everyone contributed to the mess, but as they say, one bad apple spoils the barrel

Banned
    Welcome aboard TaurusRanger. cool screen name. You are so right.

thanks

stainless1911, i can guess what you own, and i like it

Banned
    someday perhaps. right now, its an M&P

brainless1911
    Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    someday perhaps. right now, its an M&P
    Maybe not for a long time actually with all the fines and court costs. Might even have to sell the SOCOM16 for that.

brainless1911, either post under your real ID or GTFO. I don't know why these mods allow people to have so many sockpuppets. It destroys the integrity of the forum.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Banned
    Already did.