• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reynolds High School angry lady

AjackA$$bcIcanB

So today my friend and I went to Reynolds high in troutdale because they are having a Raider days carnival in the parking lot I went to Reynolds so I thought i would show my soport and go spend some money I have oc'ed for a few months with no problems. So to get right down to it I have a CHL so I can go on to school grounds since it is public place so my friend and I walked in I looked all over for signs about no guns or anything with guns nothing!!! Where you buy your tickets to go on rides nothing!!! So we walked in walked around and went to a game where u shoot 100 bb's at a star on paper if you get the star gone you win we tryed me 2 my friend 3 no luck :( so we went where you throw rings at bottals to when tryed 5 rings no luck then tryed 20 no luck really was hoping to get somthing for my wife (I have a bad sence of hurmor I wanted to get her somthing ugly that she would not like since she is grumpy today) so we went and got a ticket one for each of us to ride on a ride so we went up to one ride and decided to go to a different one we where about to go throw the gate to get on and a plumpy build ruff face guy comes up and asked me if that was a gun on my side I said yes he then said there are kids here and that guns cant go on rides so I asked what am I sopose to do he said put it in my car I then said I dont think that is safe since there are kids here he then said to take it home well I told him I live a 15 mins away and I asked him why they had no signs saying no guns he said there where signs up at the ticket booth I told him there where no signs saying that and to show me where they are so we started to walk up there and he turns to his right and looks at a sign at by a ride and there where nothing about no guns so we walk up to the booth and there is no signs about no guns he starts to talk about how they just put new signs on the booth and they forgot to put it I told him they need to post it so he said I cant go on any rides I asked if I could have my money back for the tickets and he said I would have to go to the office so I asked where the office is as soon as he turned around to show me a rough faced white "I hate GUNS adittude lady" said whats going on here and ruff face said hes got a gun and then the lady said we could not ride on any rides and so I asked I did not see any signs anywhere and she started to talk in a loud voice to see my thingy "with her hands made rectangles shapes about 8 times and kept saying thingy" I said do you mean my permit and she said yes, then she asked to see my thingy lol:banana: I told her that I dont have to show you I only have to show leo my chl and then with very loud voice said fine we will call metro I said ok go ahead and then she got more mad and very:mad::mad: and yelled at me saying get off the property as I keep asking if I can get my money back since we cant go on any rides so she started to try to take the ticket from my hand I pulled back my hand and then she said give me ur ticket I said money she said k she gave me the money and told us to get off the property so we started to walk back to the car while the ruff face followed us to my car, I talked to him for a few mins about open carry and he was kinda understanding about it but still said we had to go so we left laughing
so I would like to know if we did this right or if there should of been somthing different we should of done and I would like to see people this week go and get a ticket while ocing since there are no signs I would like to see people go there if still no signs and see what happens

Superlite27

It seems as if you have mistakenly allowed a period to sneak in after the word "problems" causing your diatribe to become separated into two separate sentences instead of a single, but extraordinarily lengthy one.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
You didn't do anything legally wrong, although it sounds like the encounter you had ended on a negative note. Personally if I don't feel up for being an advocate for open carry and being a positive person (lately I haven't felt very up for being positive, but soon enough I'll come back around), then I'll just carry concealed. My reasoning for this is to help promote second amendment rights and to convince anti-gunners that there are nice, helpful, responsible folks that carry guns. That's just me though.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
It seems as if you have mistakenly allowed a period to sneak in after the word "problems" causing your diatribe to become separated into two separate sentences instead of a single, but extraordinarily lengthy one.

LOL.

My question is this? Was it private or public property? If public, she had no authority to tell you to leave.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
It's a public school and so I would think it would be public property as well

So why did you leave? Was the school being rented by a private company? Who was running the carnival? Was any part of the carnival being paid for by the school or county? Under what authority were they telling you to leave? Based on what you've written, you didn't have to leave.

Last edited:

AjackA$$bcIcanB

I have been trying to find out if the space is being rented out but I can't find anything it is only on the school website if it was rented out it was just the parking lot and nothing more I left because it is really hard to talk to someone that has the thought that guns are bad one guy that was running one of the rides was trying to tell them I could and the guy told him to shut up

ManInBlack

Tell you what: you put some effort into punctuation, sentences, and paragraphs, and I'll put some effort into a helpful response. Deal?

BadMoon Risin68

You said you have a CHP?

I don't believe you need one in Troutdale, it doesn't fall under the loaded carry ban cities. So you would not have to show it to anyone as long as what you were doing is legal and you were on foot.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I have been trying to find out if the space is being rented out but I can't find anything it is only on the school website if it was rented out it was just the parking lot and nothing more I left because it is really hard to talk to someone that has the thought that guns are bad one guy that was running one of the rides was trying to tell them I could and the guy told him to shut up

Soooooooo...you left because it was too "hard" for you to stand up for your rights? You willingly left and now you're complaining about it? I don't get it.

We-the-People

I don't believe you need one in Troutdale, it doesn't fall under the loaded carry ban cities. So you would not have to show it to anyone as long as what you were doing is legal and you were on foot.

He said he had a CHL (CHP is the state police in Taxifornia).

As for needing one, since the event was at a PUBLIC SCHOOL, he WOULD need a CHL....but not a CHP. Otherwise he would be in violation of ORS 166.370.

VW_Factor

I still haven't OC'd at a school.

I do carry all the time, and when I goto events at schools I carry there as well. Don't go out of my way to hide it however.

Again, in Oregon we have the choice to carry in the way we choose. I'll carry "tactfully" because I can. The only reasons I'm around a public school anyway is for an event I wish to see and I'll do what I can to make sure I can complete doing what I set out to do.

We-the-People

I've OC'd right outside the College here....the campus ends at the property line which does NOT include the sidewalks around the buildings.

The security guards used to hem and haw about my arming up at my truck parked in front of the building (I'd also usually have a smoke after arming up). All kinds of attempted intimidation but never did call the police like I always invited them to do. Oh Well.

On campus, that's different. But when the current OUS BS policy gets trompped, no more Mr. nice guy...it's OC on campus when that happens. I was playing nice after the Appeals Court struck down their OAR prohibition but since they can't play nice, when the new rule is tossed I'll be going Neeeener neeener neeener as I OC to class.

AjackA$$bcIcanB

So after a few long phone calls with Leo, and the school. I finally got my anwser. It is a school fundraiser by a outside company. District policy is no guns but since I have a chl I am legal to be on school grounds with a firearm. The school can trespass anyone even a bold head guy with tatts, that came from the school. Leo I talked to after they had to find info on it said I'm legally allowed to be there. If the school trespasses me and I come back I can be arrested.

BadMoon Risin68

I still don't think its "legit" to be trespassed from public property UNLESS you are committing a crime.??

I could see that if he was being a nuisance and getting in the way of them making money directly, however if your paying for their services and not doing anything not drawing attention to yourself in other words being a citizen; than no, you should not have to leave.