• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reynolds High School angry lady

Dogbait

I still haven't OC'd at a school.

I do carry all the time, and when I goto events at schools I carry there as well. Don't go out of my way to hide it however.

Again, in Oregon we have the choice to carry in the way we choose. I'll carry "tactfully" because I can. The only reasons I'm around a public school anyway is for an event I wish to see and I'll do what I can to make sure I can complete doing what I set out to do.

+1

I haven't had the need to be on K-12 property and I plan on concealing if I were. In my opinion, it's currently an uneasy subject when it comes to carrying on school property, I don't want to be the one to fuel the fire.

Luckily, school is closed for spring break. I'm certain the school would be in lock down, if you were OCing, during a normal school days after hour activities. Just remember to pick and choose your battles, you might not always win.

Edit: fixed a word

Last edited:

We-the-People

They haven't locked down the local college when I OC'd on the sidewalk coming back from getting a coffee. Nor when I would walk out to my truck parked at the sidewalk and "arm up" after class.

Then again they didn't lock down the campus when the bookstore was robbed and the robber turned violent when confronted while making his escape.

I never have figured out the logic of a lockdown. Let's see....serious threat present, let's neatly package everyone into small rooms with no cover and no means to excape except through the door that any threat would come though....Oh and let's make sure that all the people so neatly packaged are totally defenseless.

Yeah, that makes sense.....NOT

Dogbait

They haven't locked down the local college when I OC'd on the sidewalk coming back from getting a coffee. Nor when I would walk out to my truck parked at the sidewalk and "arm up" after class.

Then again they didn't lock down the campus when the bookstore was robbed and the robber turned violent when confronted while making his escape.

I never have figured out the logic of a lockdown. Let's see....serious threat present, let's neatly package everyone into small rooms with no cover and no means to excape except through the door that any threat would come though....Oh and let's make sure that all the people so neatly packaged are totally defenseless.

Yeah, that makes sense.....NOT

I was talking about K-12 schools, they tend to be a little more concerned about it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Superlite27

I can't parse the OP.

Someone once told me there were these things called "paragraphs". I'm not sure if that person was telling the truth, though.

Confirmed. The OP used one of them in his post.

This is a rarely observed specimen, however. It's one of the elusive "Two Sentence" varieties identified as runondicus longwindicum. While once thought extinct, they are growing in numbers due to the above mentioned "Public Schools" that provide fertile breeding grounds.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Confirmed. The OP used one of them in his post.

I'm pretty sure that was just headroom for the dancing banana. :p

This is a rarely observed specimen, however. It's one of the elusive "Two Sentence" varieties identified as runondicus longwindicum. While once thought extinct, they are growing in numbers due to the above mentioned "Public Schools" that provide fertile breeding grounds.

Indeed.

Ironbar

Well, in light of the OP's user name, I suppose it's useless to explain common sense to him.

That said, your grammar is horrible, your story is lame, and I have no sympathy for you at all.