Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SB 59: Call YOUR State Senator

SB 59: Call YOUR State Senator

The latest email on SB 59 has gone out:

http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...&id=58b9992469

Read the link, call your State Senator. The Michigan Hospital Association is trying to push through an amendment to water down the bill. Help needed now!

If they succeed in watering down the bill, every special interest group will come out of the woodwork and the bill will lose all PFZ repeal power!
    Last edited by TheQ; 03-27-2012 at 09:30 AM.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Any idea when they want to vote on this?

Word is this Thursday (that could always change).
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Ok, stupid question time

What exactly is the correct format for calling a State Rep? When someone answers do you just tell that person why you are calling or do you ask for someone in particular? Do you just state that you are calling to express your support for SB59? I have always wrote to my reps, so this will be my first time calling.
    Last edited by detroit_fan; 03-26-2012 at 10:39 PM.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

In the email that will be published tomorrow, I gave you a script if you don't know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    In the email that will be published tomorrow, I gave you a script if you don't know what to say.
    ok, i'm already on the list so i'll look it over tomorrow.

do you think that letter will decrease the odds of this bill passing?

Quote Originally Posted by detroit_fan View Post
    do you think that letter will decrease the odds of this bill passing?
    Not at all. I have a feeling that the sheriffs will be taken care off at some point in the process even if it is very late in the game.

Came back with "Page Not Found" Error

Quote Originally Posted by PDinDetroit View Post
    Came back with "Page Not Found" Error
    Done intentionally. I needed to take it down for the moment. It'll find its way back online.

The latest email on SB 59 has gone out:

http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...&id=58b9992469

Read the link, call your State Senator. The Michigan Hospital Association is trying to push through an amendment to water down the bill. Help needed now!

If they succeed in watering down the bill, every special interest group will come out of the woodwork and the bill will lose all PFZ repeal power!

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Link to sheriffs by county. Click on your county for info.
    http://www.michigansheriff.com/Sheri...s/counties.htm
    Last edited by Venator; 03-27-2012 at 01:49 PM.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Link to sheriffs by county. Clink on your county for info.
    http://www.michigansheriff.com/Sheri...s/counties.htm
    Good resource! Thanks. I'll use it in the future.

why do the hospitals care anyways, they are privately owned so they can still prohibit carry if they wish. are they just trying to keep hospitals a pfz or trying to eliminate the whole pfz exemption portion of the bill?

Made my call to Senator Randy Richardville. They have a list of people who have called today asking him to support the bill and added my name to the list. When I mentioned my opposition to the Hospital Association's amendment she said she had heard a lot of people commenting about that amendment today, so hopefully we will be able to stop this attempted hijacking of the bill.

I understand the proposed amendment would allow hospitals to "opt out", ex: give signs the force of law at hospitals.

I understand the proposed amendment would allow hospitals to "opt out", ex: give signs the force of law at hospitals.
    that would be an absolute disaster. i really hope we can stop that amendment from passing.

All,

If your senator is Senator Marleau (parts of Oakland county) I need you to PM me.
    Last edited by TheQ; 03-27-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by detroit_fan View Post
    Made my call to Senator Randy Richardville. They have a list of people who have called today asking him to support the bill and added my name to the list. When I mentioned my opposition to the Hospital Association's amendment she said she had heard a lot of people commenting about that amendment today, so hopefully we will be able to stop this attempted hijacking of the bill.
    I called AND emailed Sen.Bieda(D) in the Warren area.The secretary said she would put me on the list in support.Thats how they do it.If they tally more support that means votes at election time.Thats why it's always important to contact Your Rep.The sqeeky wheel(voters calls and emails) gets the oil.Ask everyone You know if they've ever called their Rep when they're pissed off about whats going on and they will say no,that it wouldn't help.It's that kind of apathy that has created this condition and thats why we're in this mess.Thats why a minority rules the majority,because the majority WHINE BUT DO NOTHING! It took me 1 minute to call and email(my duty as a Free Citizen)! Who's too stupid to understand that? DO YOUR DUTY!CARRY ON!
    Thank You PD for doing Your Duty!
    Last edited by hamaneggs; 03-27-2012 at 05:50 PM.
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Who is your Senator? How did they react to your message? Did they tell you how they felt about the Michigan Hospital Association amendment?

Just made my call to the Senator for my area, Phil Pavlov and was told he plans on supporting the bill. They took my name and address and thanked me for my call. Thank you Q and everyone that is working on this bill. I also voiced my ojections to the hospital association`s attempt ot water down this bill!
    Last edited by bruiser 160; 03-28-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser 160 View Post
    Just made my call to the Senator for my area, Phil Pavlov and was told he plans on supporting the bill. They took my name and address and thanked me for my call. Thank you Q and everyone that is working on this bill. I also voiced my ojections to the hospital association`s attempt ot water down this bill!
    thanks for helping support this

Sent my email off to Mike Nofs last night.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Does anyone have a link to SUBSTITUTE S-3? I've spent 30 minutes looking and still can't find it.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast