• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB 59: Call YOUR State Senator

TheQ

The latest email on SB 59 has gone out:

http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=710075bba75b914b805e1861a&id=58b9992469

Read the link, call your State Senator. The Michigan Hospital Association is trying to push through an amendment to water down the bill. Help needed now!

If they succeed in watering down the bill, every special interest group will come out of the woodwork and the bill will lose all PFZ repeal power!

Last edited:

detroit_fan

Ok, stupid question time

What exactly is the correct format for calling a State Rep? When someone answers do you just tell that person why you are calling or do you ask for someone in particular? Do you just state that you are calling to express your support for SB59? I have always wrote to my reps, so this will be my first time calling.

Last edited:

TheQ

The latest email on SB 59 has gone out:

http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=710075bba75b914b805e1861a&id=58b9992469

Read the link, call your State Senator. The Michigan Hospital Association is trying to push through an amendment to water down the bill. Help needed now!

If they succeed in watering down the bill, every special interest group will come out of the woodwork and the bill will lose all PFZ repeal power!

detroit_fan

why do the hospitals care anyways, they are privately owned so they can still prohibit carry if they wish. are they just trying to keep hospitals a pfz or trying to eliminate the whole pfz exemption portion of the bill?

detroit_fan

Made my call to Senator Randy Richardville. They have a list of people who have called today asking him to support the bill and added my name to the list. When I mentioned my opposition to the Hospital Association's amendment she said she had heard a lot of people commenting about that amendment today, so hopefully we will be able to stop this attempted hijacking of the bill.

TheQ

I understand the proposed amendment would allow hospitals to "opt out", ex: give signs the force of law at hospitals.

TheQ

All,

If your senator is Senator Marleau (parts of Oakland county) I need you to PM me.

Last edited:

Haman J.T.

Made my call to Senator Randy Richardville. They have a list of people who have called today asking him to support the bill and added my name to the list. When I mentioned my opposition to the Hospital Association's amendment she said she had heard a lot of people commenting about that amendment today, so hopefully we will be able to stop this attempted hijacking of the bill.
I called AND emailed Sen.Bieda(D) in the Warren area.The secretary said she would put me on the list in support.Thats how they do it.If they tally more support that means votes at election time.Thats why it's always important to contact Your Rep.The sqeeky wheel(voters calls and emails) gets the oil.Ask everyone You know if they've ever called their Rep when they're pissed off about whats going on and they will say no,that it wouldn't help.It's that kind of apathy that has created this condition and thats why we're in this mess.Thats why a minority rules the majority,because the majority WHINE BUT DO NOTHING! It took me 1 minute to call and email(my duty as a Free Citizen)! Who's too stupid to understand that? DO YOUR DUTY!CARRY ON!
Thank You PD for doing Your Duty!

Last edited: