• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB 59: Call YOUR State Senator

TheQ

Who is your Senator? How did they react to your message? Did they tell you how they felt about the Michigan Hospital Association amendment?

bruiser 160

Just made my call to the Senator for my area, Phil Pavlov and was told he plans on supporting the bill. They took my name and address and thanked me for my call. Thank you Q and everyone that is working on this bill. I also voiced my ojections to the hospital association`s attempt ot water down this bill!

Last edited:

detroit_fan

Just made my call to the Senator for my area, Phil Pavlov and was told he plans on supporting the bill. They took my name and address and thanked me for my call. Thank you Q and everyone that is working on this bill. I also voiced my ojections to the hospital association`s attempt ot water down this bill!

thanks for helping support this

TheQ

Look in the legislative action alert emails. It's clearly referenced in two of them and they are all posted here.

The email referenced in the OP has your link.

Last edited:

Harry25

Spoke with a staffer in Sen. Pappageorge's office. He said that the senator is in support of "the idea" of the bill, but is concerned about some of the funding issues (the extra work going onto local sheriff's offices). When I voiced my concern over amendments that would limit this bill, he said that the senator also shares those views.

TheQ

I fail to see what "extra" word the sheriff will have to do. Can anyone put a finger on what extra work they'll have to do?

TheQ

Reading the bill, it's set to take effect on 1/1/2013 -- that is in the text of the bill.

If final passage is within 90 days of 1/1 it will require IE to be effective in 1/1. I hope this answers your question.

The Expert

I just called my Sentaor's office and expressed my support for the bill in its unammended S3 form.

I called the Wayne County Sheriff's office and became lost in the automated switchboad. Can't say that I'll spend 30 minutes wading through that nonsense. If someone can direct me to a real phone number which connects to a real person at the Wayne Country Sheriff's Office....I'll call again.

Super Trucker

I just called my Sentaor's office and expressed my support for the bill in its unammended S3 form.

I called the Wayne County Sheriff's office and became lost in the automated switchboad. Can't say that I'll spend 30 minutes wading through that nonsense. If someone can direct me to a real phone number which connects to a real person at the Wayne Country Sheriff's Office....I'll call again.

313-224-7491

Paul C

Called and spoke directly to the Macomb County Sheriff. He was very pleasant. His only concerns were regarding the 45 day timeline. He said that many times the State does not get the fingerprint report to them until after 30 days and that leave little time to review the information and ensure it is reviewed correctly. Also, funding concerns. :)

As for the PFZ's they support that portion of the bill. He mentioned that his team has been in contact with lawmakers to address their concerns and support.

Adams182

Was finally able to get in touch with a Rep. for senator Proos District 21. It was a short conversation but Bob assures me that Proos is with us, and he will be voting in favor of the bill

NHCGRPR45

Uh couldn't any info on why he should be shamed other than his less than wonderful views he already expressed when shall issue was coming through.

Called and spoke directly to the Macomb County Sheriff. He was very pleasant. His only concerns were regarding the 45 day timeline. He said that many times the State does not get the fingerprint report to them until after 30 days and that leave little time to review the information and ensure it is reviewed correctly. Also, funding concerns. :)

As for the PFZ's they support that portion of the bill. He mentioned that his team has been in contact with lawmakers to address their concerns and support.

Yup, thats what he told me also. Now my only issue is that he refuses to sign off on my Form 4.

Last edited:

TheQ

He also opposes the bill because it doesn't increase the amount of $$$ the Sheriffs office gets...even though when asked they have no rational answer how the bill increases their cost. They only say the amount they currently get is not enough. They want $60. It's pretty much impossible to get $45 more without increasing the cost of the CPL.