Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Denver Post: Appeals Court hears case of WA State man denied carry license in Denver

  1. #1
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lynnwood, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,238

    Denver Post: Appeals Court hears case of WA State man denied carry license in Denver

    http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_20...ate-man-denied

    This of course was my case that I filed in Denver over 2 years ago. It is currently in front of the US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.

    Sorry I haven't been here much. Been very busy with the volunteer work, especially in light of the issues in California. We won the parks case in Seattle, too.
    Last edited by Gray Peterson; 03-28-2012 at 08:36 AM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Boomboy007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Bellingham, WA, USA
    Posts
    140

    Thumbs up Way to fight the good fight, Brother!

    Well, you could still carry in your house and your car, so........... I hope you like the drive through!

    Seriously, I am glad that there are some warriors out there reclaiming our most important rights. Thanks!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Posts
    1,552
    link broken
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

  4. #4
    Regular Member HK_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Puyallup, WA
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    link broken
    did you actually look at the link and try to fix it?

    http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_20210933/appeals-court-hears-case-washington-state-man-denied?IADID=Search-www.denverpost.com-www.denverpost.com
    Last edited by HK_dave; 03-27-2012 at 04:15 AM.
    US Constitution - void where prohibited by law.

  5. #5
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Gray,

    Thanks for taking this fight upon yourself. The rewards if successful does us all good.

    Don't you feel so much better the state attorney says you can carry in your house.....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Posts
    1,552
    I'm not going to put more effort into viewing a link than the poster apparently did in posting it.

    I'm glad you did, though; thanks!

    I wish you success, Gray. I do wonder one thing: since the case apparently hinges on the fact that Denver places restrictions on where one can carry without a license, wouldn't all prohibited places for unlicensed OC/constitutional carry in other states within the circuit also go away if they overturn it?
    Last edited by ManInBlack; 03-27-2012 at 12:32 PM.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    I'm not going to put more effort into viewing a link than the poster apparently did in posting it.

    I'm glad you did, though; thanks!

    I wish you success, Gray. I do wonder one thing: since the case apparently hinges on the fact that Denver places restrictions on where one can carry without a license, wouldn't all prohibited places for unlicensed OC/constitutional carry in other states within the circuit also go away if they overturn it?
    and there are other states where the 'residency' requirement is being challenged. (S Dakota if I remember correctly). Overturning residency is a great step towards national recognition of the 2A.
    Live Free or Die!

  8. #8
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lynnwood, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,238
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    I'm not going to put more effort into viewing a link than the poster apparently did in posting it.

    I'm glad you did, though; thanks!

    I wish you success, Gray. I do wonder one thing: since the case apparently hinges on the fact that Denver places restrictions on where one can carry without a license, wouldn't all prohibited places for unlicensed OC/constitutional carry in other states within the circuit also go away if they overturn it?
    Not "prohibited places". We pointed out that if you can't license a right, then Oklahoma's ban on open carry and only allowing concealed carry with a license is unconstitutional, the same also in Utah, and the same in certain cities in Kansas.

    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    and there are other states where the 'residency' requirement is being challenged. (S Dakota if I remember correctly). Overturning residency is a great step towards national recognition of the 2A.
    That has to do with US residents who are not yet citizens, not US citizen travelers who are traveling interstate.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Metalhead47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Peterson View Post
    ... the same also in Utah...
    ??? I thot unlicensed OC was legal in Utah with a double action?
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    ??? I thot unlicensed OC was legal in Utah with a double action?
    The weapon needs to be two mechanical actions from firing:

    Semiauto: loaded mag, clear chamber
    SAR: hammer down on a loaded chamber
    DAR: hammer down with next chamber unloaded (so 2 trigger pulls are required to fire the weapon)
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •