• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Denver Post: Appeals Court hears case of WA State man denied carry license in Denver

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Last edited:

Boomboy007

Way to fight the good fight, Brother!

Well, you could still carry in your house and your car, so........... I hope you like the drive through!

Seriously, I am glad that there are some warriors out there reclaiming our most important rights. Thanks!

sudden valley gunner

Gray,

Thanks for taking this fight upon yourself. The rewards if successful does us all good.

Don't you feel so much better the state attorney says you can carry in your house.....:rolleyes:

ManInBlack

I'm not going to put more effort into viewing a link than the poster apparently did in posting it.

I'm glad you did, though; thanks!;)

I wish you success, Gray. I do wonder one thing: since the case apparently hinges on the fact that Denver places restrictions on where one can carry without a license, wouldn't all prohibited places for unlicensed OC/constitutional carry in other states within the circuit also go away if they overturn it?

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I'm not going to put more effort into viewing a link than the poster apparently did in posting it.

I wish you success, Gray. I do wonder one thing: since the case apparently hinges on the fact that Denver places restrictions on where one can carry without a license, wouldn't all prohibited places for unlicensed OC/constitutional carry in other states within the circuit also go away if they overturn it?

and there are other states where the 'residency' requirement is being challenged. (S Dakota if I remember correctly). Overturning residency is a great step towards national recognition of the 2A.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator

Not "prohibited places". We pointed out that if you can't license a right, then Oklahoma's ban on open carry and only allowing concealed carry with a license is unconstitutional, the same also in Utah, and the same in certain cities in Kansas.

and there are other states where the 'residency' requirement is being challenged. (S Dakota if I remember correctly). Overturning residency is a great step towards national recognition of the 2A.

That has to do with US residents who are not yet citizens, not US citizen travelers who are traveling interstate.

ManInBlack

??? I thot unlicensed OC was legal in Utah with a double action?

The weapon needs to be two mechanical actions from firing:

Semiauto: loaded mag, clear chamber
SAR: hammer down on a loaded chamber
DAR: hammer down with next chamber unloaded (so 2 trigger pulls are required to fire the weapon)