Thread: The City of Wildwood - open carry meeting

The City of Wildwood - open carry meeting

The Wildwood Committee of Public Safety will take up the subject of Conceal carry and Open Carry at their meeting Thursday April 5th at 6:30 PM at the Wildwood City Hall. Come out and make your voice heard. It's your constitutional rights thet are being taken away!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    the subject of Conceal carry
    I understand them talking about OC, but what could they possibly want to discuss about CC? There's nothing they can do about CC in Wildwood, as it's already preempted.
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Good point....but, CC is still 'illegal' according to a few jurisdictions.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Good point....but, CC is still 'illegal' according to a few jurisdictions.
    I have no idea what's up with CCW unless they may consider OC w/CCW. That would be a big step here since we can't even OC in the large State Park (Babler). That's a long story in it self but no I don't care to be arrested and challange the local law and deal with the LEOs here. I actually have soem supporters in the Wildwood/STL Co. Police here but I don't think they'll come out and say so.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by Oramac View Post
    I understand them talking about OC, but what could they possibly want to discuss about CC? There's nothing they can do about CC in Wildwood, as it's already preempted.
    This would have to assume that any of these city council persons have a CLUE about writing or interpreting laws, they generally have none at all. Most of them are not even familiar with the city charter or ordinances on the books, let alone Roberts Rules of Order which they are supposed to conduct their meetings with.

The vast majority of the folks "serving" are simply normal folks who seek to impose their opinions on others and that tends to be exactly what they do no matter the feed-back given by those they pretend to serve.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

What happened?

Here was the agenda and the letter from Marc.

http://www.cityofwildwood.com/egov/d...64175_3544.htm
    GOD gave me rights!!!....The Constitutuion just confirms it!!

Quote Originally Posted by zekester View Post
    Here was the agenda and the letter from Marc.

http://www.cityofwildwood.com/egov/d...64175_3544.htm
    THEY are at it again. Hunting with a handgun may be histroy in Wildwood after this (East of 109).

I've killed several deer with .357 mag. and .44 mag hand guns. We are under constant attack. I'll be there.....

http://eureka-wildwood.patch.com/art...uspatc00000001

so the meeting is tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by zekester View Post
    so the meeting is tonight?
    Yes, 6:30PM, the press wil be there. it makes a difference to some people.

being as this is a home town issue for me, Heck I'd be there any way!!!!!

Our rights are getting flushed down the pooper!

Folks just need to stand up and be counyed, few are!

I was glad to see two from this forum in Wildwood last week for an open carry forum in Wildwood. We're working on it too!

So how did it go? I wish I could've attended, but I'm at college on the other side of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by HighFlyingA380 View Post
    So how did it go? I wish I could've attended, but I'm at college on the other side of the state.
    About 10 people spoke, all against the proposed tighter hunting regulations, no one in favor. Another hearing in a couple of weeks, the decided to hear from the Dept. of Conservation. Then it goes to the City Council for consideration. I suppose we'll all be there too to speak against the changes. The subject of open carry was brought up also... three in favor, one opposed. (He was an NRA guy) The NRA is not our freind when it comes to open carry in Missouri!

See this "patch" report:
    http://eureka-wildwood.patch.com/art...uspatc00000001
    Last edited by mspgunner; 04-11-2012 at 08:06 AM.