• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The City of Wildwood - open carry meeting

mspgunner

The Wildwood Committee of Public Safety will take up the subject of Conceal carry and Open Carry at their meeting Thursday April 5th at 6:30 PM at the Wildwood City Hall. Come out and make your voice heard. It's your constitutional rights thet are being taken away!

mspgunner

Good point....but, CC is still 'illegal' according to a few jurisdictions.

I have no idea what's up with CCW unless they may consider OC w/CCW. That would be a big step here since we can't even OC in the large State Park (Babler). That's a long story in it self but no I don't care to be arrested and challange the local law and deal with the LEOs here. I actually have soem supporters in the Wildwood/STL Co. Police here but I don't think they'll come out and say so.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I understand them talking about OC, but what could they possibly want to discuss about CC? There's nothing they can do about CC in Wildwood, as it's already preempted.

This would have to assume that any of these city council persons have a CLUE about writing or interpreting laws, they generally have none at all. Most of them are not even familiar with the city charter or ordinances on the books, let alone Roberts Rules of Order which they are supposed to conduct their meetings with.

The vast majority of the folks "serving" are simply normal folks who seek to impose their opinions on others and that tends to be exactly what they do no matter the feed-back given by those they pretend to serve.

mspgunner

mspgunner

so the meeting is tonight?

Yes, 6:30PM, the press wil be there. it makes a difference to some people.

being as this is a home town issue for me, Heck I'd be there any way!!!!!

Our rights are getting flushed down the pooper!

Folks just need to stand up and be counyed, few are!

I was glad to see two from this forum in Wildwood last week for an open carry forum in Wildwood. We're working on it too!

mspgunner

So how did it go? I wish I could've attended, but I'm at college on the other side of the state.

About 10 people spoke, all against the proposed tighter hunting regulations, no one in favor. Another hearing in a couple of weeks, the decided to hear from the Dept. of Conservation. Then it goes to the City Council for consideration. I suppose we'll all be there too to speak against the changes. The subject of open carry was brought up also... three in favor, one opposed. (He was an NRA guy) The NRA is not our freind when it comes to open carry in Missouri!

See this "patch" report:
http://eureka-wildwood.patch.com/ar...ing-firearms-debate?ncid=newsltuspatc00000001

Last edited: