• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

U.S. Bank Independence, Mo

Jim40Cal

Walked into a U.S. Bank today to cash a check my daughters gave me, "Gun on Hip"
Lady sitting at a desk said Sir, do you have a weapon? I said I do, about 8 eyes were on me at that point. The guy behind the counter said may I help you with a smile and everybody went back to what they were doing with smiles.........Think I just found a new bank......

Superlite27

An excellent opportunity arises!

You've heard the phrase "You can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar"?

The majority of OC encounters in businesses are negative, resulting in the advocated e-mails, letters to corporate, notification of management, etc., etc. complaining about the bad treatment. This often falls on deaf ears and is handled by being completely ignored or (even worse in my opinion) a form letter with the inevitable "We're concerned about your feelings....blah, blah, blah".

It's a rare animal to receive positive attitudes and good treatment by a business. I implore you to do more for the OC cause than any complaint can ever acheive:

Write a letter to the Bank President, corporate, etc. telling them how impressed you are with their service and their attitude regarding your lawfully carried firearm, and how you're going to make them your primary bank and implore your friends to give them their business, as well. (Or, "lay it on thick" if you insist on calling a horse a horse)

This can do more for OC than any negative action will.

Jim40Cal

Thank you Superlite27. I fully intend too. Actually I forgot to add that the woman at the desk that yelled, Sir do you have a weapon, smiled and gave me a "have a good day sir" when i left...

Jim40Cal

Just to show you how two faced business/people can be, I walked into U.S. Bank this morning with my step-daughter to with draw a large sum of money as she wanted me to take her to buy a car. The lady that was so nice to me the other day enformed me a sign would be going up stating no weapons. I told her a robber/crook wasn't going to pay any attention to a sign on the door. She basically told me I had no business carrying a weapon into a institution. I said that someday a man/woman might just save her life and she said she didn't want to discuss the particulars. At that point I didn't want to discuss them either.....

Fallschirjmäger

I had the same bank, from '77 to '04 (dammmm,, that long??) through all of it's name changes and reorganizations, buyouts, leverages, etc.
One day after I had deposited a paycheck, some desk clerk called me over and said, "Just so you know, you don't allow guns in the bank."

"Close my account. Now," and we went through the motions until his eyes hit a certain line on his computer screen.
"Um, uh... do you want to leave your savings account here?"
"I'm not leaving a single penny with this bank, and after my account's closed I'm writing the regional manager about Why this bank just lost a substantial account."

I had another account opened across the street, while openly carrying, by close of business that day.
My only regret is that I wished that I had thought of refusing to accept the first bank's check and made them pay me cash.

In fairness, I should probably add that only a few weeks before I had deposited the proceeds from selling a house (before the market crashed.)

Redbaron007

Just to show you how two faced business/people can be, I walked into U.S. Bank this morning with my step-daughter to with draw a large sum of money as she wanted me to take her to buy a car. The lady that was so nice to me the other day enformed me a sign would be going up stating no weapons. I told her a robber/crook wasn't going to pay any attention to a sign on the door. She basically told me I had no business carrying a weapon into a institution. I said that someday a man/woman might just save her life and she said she didn't want to discuss the particulars. At that point I didn't want to discuss them either.....

I thought they had a corporate policy of no weapons. I know a manager here and they don't allow weapons. He still keeps wanting me to open accounts/loans there. He knows my thoughts. :banghead:

Jim40Cal

I know another man that carries in his U.S.Bank all the time without any problems. Different town of course. If they don't want weapons in their institution then put up a damn sign....I was just getting ready to transfer to there bank..DuH!

Jaysann22

My wife works at a US bank here in St louis. Most of her co workers WANT me to come by and stay awhile. They have said they feel safer with me around as their policy does not allow employees to carry or have weapons on the premises.

wolfgangmob

I thought they had a corporate policy of no weapons. I know a manager here and they don't allow weapons. He still keeps wanting me to open accounts/loans there. He knows my thoughts. :banghead:

Yup, corporate policy forbids exposed weapons unless you are an LEO, hired security or an employee of a security company conducting business with the bank (i.e. armored transport employees), weather or not the policy is enforced is entirely up to the manager. As far as concealed weapons, concealed means concealed, if they know you have one on you you better have a damn good reason for letting them find out.

Last edited: