Thread: Update Feb 28, Colorado Springs, Doctor With Gun Saves Others From Hostage Situation

Herr Heckler Koch

Update Feb 28, Colorado Springs, Doctor With Gun Saves Others From Hostage Situation
    Quote Originally Posted by KKTV
    Doctor Jeff Ferguson didn't want it known that he's licensed to carry a concealed weapon, but Tuesday- he didn't have a choice. On the phone he told 11 News, from the sound of the gunman's voice, he felt like someone was going to get hurt. [ ... ] He guarded the exit with his gun, allowing everyone else to escape and ready to shoot if he had to. "If this guy opens this door, Im going to have to shoot him, Dr. Ferguson said. You were prepared to do that? I was absolutely prepared to shoot him, yes."
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 03-27-2012 at 05:14 PM.

Skagit County, WA
    Good on him - as it should be. If you're going to carry it, you better be damn sure you're able to use it if necessary.

Peace. ~G
    Carry weapon: SA XDm .40 SC + 11rd Ranger SXT 180gr

White Oak Plantation
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Okanogan Highland
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    That story reminds me of a murder that happened years ago (mid 60's). A kid was mad at his mother so he went next door and stabbed the neighbor's wife a bunch of times and killed her. When he was asked why he killed the neighbors wife instead of his own mother he said: "well, you can't kill your own mother"