Thread: Cheap .40 fed 165gr efmj ammo

Cheap .40 fed 165gr efmj ammo

Herr Heckler Koch
    $18/50 rd! Thank you. checking it out.

70%+ S&H
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 03-28-2012 at 06:33 AM.

If only Federal would sell their EFMJ projectiles for reloading =(

Any reason you guys prefer this over a regular hollow point? I can see maybe it feeds more reliably but other then places that restrict hollow points I just don't see what the attraction is.

Edited to add: I'm not trying to start an argument or judge your projectile choice, I truly am curious.
    Last edited by Jason in WI; 03-28-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason in WI View Post
    Any reason you guys prefer this over a regular hollow point? I can see maybe it feeds more reliably but other then places that restrict hollow points I just don't see what the attraction is.

Edited to add: I'm not trying to start an argument or judge your projectile choice, I truly am curious.
    From the inventor of the round: "the EFMJ concept provides a number of advantages. It looks and feeds like hardball and expands to a maximum diameter faster than a hollowpoint under all conditions. Unlike the hollowpoint, its main advantage is that it never clogs up and therefore invariably expands when fired through dry media like heavy clothing, wallboard, and plywood, and provides tactical penetration against hard, intermediate barriers." -Tom Burczynski via the book "Stopping Power"

Hope that answers your question

Here is another cheap ammo site. They ship very quick also. http://www.sgammo.com/

I have seen reports of poor expansion of that EFMJ Expanding Full Metal Jacket projectile in 40 S&W.

As inconsistent as 1 out of 5 not expanding at all.

This is not a problem for target loads.
    Last edited by E6chevron; 03-29-2012 at 11:01 PM.
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

Quote Originally Posted by amaixner View Post
    If only Federal would sell their EFMJ projectiles for reloading =(
    How about "Guard Dog" projectiles for loading? I've been looking at Guard Dog and the price is very high! 20 rounds of 9 mm, 105 grain Guard Dog cartridges is almost $22! I've seen the Guard Dog 9mm 105 grain bullets for sale online. No others...but the 9mm is available for a limited time (I'm sure!). Check out www.wideners.com for the Guard Dog 9mm bullets before they are all gone.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    How about "Guard Dog" projectiles for loading? I've been looking at Guard Dog and the price is very high! 20 rounds of 9 mm, 105 grain Guard Dog cartridges is almost $22! I've seen the Guard Dog 9mm 105 grain bullets for sale online. No others...but the 9mm is available for a limited time (I'm sure!). Check out www.wideners.com for the Guard Dog 9mm bullets before they are all gone.
    Interesting, I did not know that anyone had started renaming/rebranding and remarketing the EFMJ. Thanks for the heads-up.

Looks like those are *pulled* though, so no indication that Federal is finally letting up buy them. Also I shoot/carry 10mm, and haven't seen an EFMJ 10mm defensive load sold by anyone, anywhere.
    Last edited by amaixner; 03-30-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason in WI View Post
    Any reason you guys prefer this over a regular hollow point? I can see maybe it feeds more reliably but other then places that restrict hollow points I just don't see what the attraction is. Edited to add: I'm not trying to start an argument or judge your projectile choice, I truly am curious.
    I had a handful of EFMJ 9 mm years ago to try in my Luger, a notoriously picky eater. Yes, they fed more reliably than conventional hollowpoints. But I don't carry the Luger for self-defense and haven't had EFMJ 9 mm for a very long time.

Conventional hollowpoints will expand inconsistently with the hollow filled with heavy cloth. I believe that was the precise problem EFMJ was designed to correct.

I have never shot EFMJ except as a self-defense round. At self-defense ranges with a 4" barrel, the difference from WWB is insignificant.