• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eastern Kentucky Open Carry Meet & Greet.

neuroblades

We will be holding the next Eastern Kentucky OC M&G on April 21st, 2012 at Golden Corral in Ashland at 12 noon, once again. I just wanted to get this out there so that everyone would have advance notice so that they coul put it on their calendar's.

I had tentatively set the original date for April 14th for this M&G but something's came to fruition this past week that required this change to April 21st.

I greatly look forward to having everyone come out for this, our 4th EKOC M&G! :)

rob31567

I will be there for my first meet and greet. Looking forward to talking to you guys, will be an eye opening adventure. Fair warning you though, I have a bunch of questions, lol.

neuroblades

I will be there for my first meet and greet. Looking forward to talking to you guys, will be an eye opening adventure. Fair warning you though, I have a bunch of questions, lol.

We're like Radio Shack, "If you have questions, we've got answers". *LOL*

Looking forward to KYGlockster attending again, I Hope? *LOL*

neuroblades

I've posted this one on five different forum groups that I'm apart of on Facebook and spreading the word as best I can, trying to get more people out and mobilized then in the past couple. *LOL*

Chances are I'll also be attending the one in Lexington as well, being that my plans seem to call for me to be in that general area on the 14th as well. *LOL*

rob31567

I sure hope theres gonna be more than a couple people show up at the M&G, lol. Any way we can find out for sure how many will for sure show up or is it a guess? Have been watching some videos on people at these like in Virginia, looks like fun to me.......

neuroblades

We'd love to have everyone that is free attend but I know that that's not possible. People sometimes have plans that come up that prevent them from attending but, like you, I'm hoping for alot of folks to show up for it.

rob31567

Ill be there for sure, Ill hang around outside till I see someone carrying......

neuroblades

Just a quick post before we head out.

Looking forward to getting to meet & greet some new folks this time around and hoping to see some old faces as well. We might be a few minutes late arriving, fear not, we will be there around 12 noon. We're getting a slightly later start than usual.

We will be meeting up in the side room, more privacy than in the general dining area. As you go in and after you pay, just turn right and go through the door over there and have a seat and wait for us if you don't wish to stand outside and wait.

Rob, I'll be wearing an OD Green t-shirt with the Gadsden on the upper left chest and a quote from Lincoln on the back, I'll also be carrying my EDC, a SIG P229 Elite Dark in an IWB holster.

Looking forward to meeting you all soon! :)

rob31567

Wanted to thank you guys and gals for a good time and was nice to finally meet yall . Good to put faces with forum tags. Sorry I wasnt very talkative, maybe next time Ill talk your ears off.. Thanks again.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
It was good to meet you as well. No need to apologize for not speaking much, we all have those days where we set back and observe and keep to ourselves. I am the same way when I meet new people, but glad you enjoyed yourself. Look forward to seeing you at rosies during the next get together!

neuroblades

Thanks to Everyone. :)

I'm sorry I hadn't posted back more prior to this M&G, i had just been reading through the prior posts. There had been a couple issues that had arisen over the week that lead up to this M&G and I had been wrapped up in resolving them before this past weekend. :)

I have been so busy since the M&G this weekend that I just now got around to posting again. I've really glad that we had as many folks as we did. While it's great to have lots of folks turn out, to me it's more important about the quality, not the quantity of people that attend. I'd rather have a smaller group of people with a true interest and knowledge than a hundred that are just halfway interested in our interest.

We had a great exchange of information and I figure that if we can keep drawing people in via word of mouth, the net, etc. then we should be able to grow a pretty strong group of OC'ers to this. I'd like to take this time to thank everyone that attended our 4th EKOC M&G this weekend at Golden Corral in Ashland. It was easily one of the best that we've had thus far and I greatly appreciate everyone's efforts in attending.

I'd like to personally thank Rob for attending his first EKOC meeting this weekend as well. Don't worry about not talking alot. *LOL* I'm like Glockster, when I first attend ANYTHING new, I generally don't really talk alot at all until I get settled in and comfortable with everyone. So, don't worry anout it. Just gather up thoughts or personal observations that you might have during the month that you;d like to discuss and then bring them to the meeting and we'll all discuss them.

I'll be posting the next date and location within the week so everyone can get it on their calendars ASAP. I'm looking at May 19th as a tentitive date at the moment. I see that I have a couple of PM's awaiting my response at the moment. Just see an eye of the Kentucky Forum for the upcoming date and location.

Thanks once again everyone! :)

09jisaac

Wanted to thank you guys and gals for a good time and was nice to finally meet yall . Good to put faces with forum tags. Sorry I wasnt very talkative, maybe next time Ill talk your ears off.. Thanks again.

Nonsense. It was a pleasure meeting you. I do hope your wife was forgiving of you for picking her up late (if you were late). It seemed like everyone enjoyed your company.

You all know how I joked about how large Brekay makes my Sig Mosquito look? Today I purchased a PX4 on her request. It looks like she has a Desert Eagle now.