Thread: LOCAL Meetings, LaPlace & Shreveport, 4/4/2012

LOCAL Meetings, LaPlace & Shreveport, 4/4/2012

The next regular business meeting of Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL) will be Wednesday, April 4, 2012 at 6:30pm at the LaPlace IHOP resturant, 220 Belle Terre Boulevard, LaPlace, LA 70068.
    Also, there will be a LOCAL (Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League) get together at the Shreveport, LA IHOP at 8010 Youree Dr. at 6:30 PM on April 4 for any and all interested area people.
    Carry IS allowed at these meetings, both concealed and Open Carry, and you may carry or not as you choose. While these are LOCAL events, you do NOT have to be a LOCAL member to attend.
    All LOCAL members and those interested in the right to Open Carry are strongly encouraged to attend.
    www.laopencarry.org
    Last edited by sraacke; 03-28-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Thumbs up

It is getting close guys. MAYBE this time I won't be sitting all alone with a stack of tri-folds and a smile!
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

Take your camera again too. We want to document our efforts. Hopefully this will be the firest of many monthly meetings in Shreveport and the start of a new LOCAL Chapter.

I wish I could make the Shreveport meeting to help generate some local (well... "area") interest, but I work 4-12.

I'll be there Speedy...

Don't forget that tonight is meeting night. There's the regular business meeting in LaPlace as well as a meetup in Shreveport as members there try to get to know each other and organize. LOCAL is growing and you can be a part of a group dedicated to educating others about our rights and supporting those rights.
    We've had some bad weather lately so it's a good time to get out of the house. Grab up the wife and kids and head to the IHOPs for some social time with your fellow Open Carry advocates.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

The meetings went well tonight. The LaPlace meeting had 8 people attend including 2 new OCers who just discovered out group this week. The meeting in Shreveport had 11 people attend and they will be having regular monthly meetings there now. Looks like they will be forming a LOCAL chapter up there.
    Congrats to LOCAL member Speedy Mercer for organizing a successful meetup in Shreveport.
    www.laopencarry.org

One of the 2 new guys...

Greeting folks, I am Shane. I was at the meeting last night in Laplace. Learned a good bit. Now I look forward to meeting more of you as well as contributing to the community. Cheers.

Hi Shane. Great meeting you Wednesday evening. Yep, you will find lots of LOCLA folks over here at OCDO as well as our own forum at http://laopencarry.freeforums.org/po...58ee8c44b0520e Be sure to join us there as well.
    www.laopencarry.org

Quote Originally Posted by sraacke View Post
    The meeting in Shreveport had 11 people attend and they will be having regular monthly meetings there now. Looks like they will be forming a LOCAL chapter up there.
    Congrats to LOCAL member Speedy Mercer for organizing a successful meetup in Shreveport.
    Outstanding!