Thread: Nobody needs a gun at VCU, right?

Nobody needs a gun at VCU, right?

That VAC reg sure is working...

http://www.wric.com/story/17274233/v...ed-at-gunpoint

Virginia Commonwealth University has sent out a warning to students and staff after a student was sexually assaulted at gunpoint Tuesday night.
    Last edited by mk4; 03-28-2012 at 01:29 PM.
    “For life, liberty and Little Lizzie.” - John Connor (2005)

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mk4 View Post
    That's getting to be a regular thing now. I can understand it though. The Campus Cops have their hands full threatening to arrest MCV patients smoking on public sidewalks in front of the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    That's getting to be a regular thing now. I can understand it though. The Campus Cops have their hands full threatening to arrest MCV patients smoking on public sidewalks in front of the hospital.
    Is Grape there again? He realy needs to quit antaganizing those poor cops. Name:  rofl.gif
Views: 117
Size:  1.3 KB

It is a shame they do not see guns as protection. I wonder anyone is switching schools becuase of this? That could hurt any school pretty bad.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flippercon View Post
    It is a shame they do not see guns as protection. I wonder anyone is switching schools becuase of this? That could hurt any school pretty bad.
    The question would be "where do you go instead?" The public schools of Utah must allow students to carry and I think a few other states have provisions for their students to carry in state schools, but the options are limited right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post
    The question would be "where do you go instead?" The public schools of Utah must allow students to carry and I think a few other states have provisions for their students to carry in state schools, but the options are limited right now.
    Hehe, they offer Utah permits here, but it's so far away and cost so much to go to school there...
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

That's a good question. I imagine Utah has less gun crime compared to the rest. I am sure there are plenty who want to leave because of this but the options are limited. Sucks to be between a rock and a hard place.

Quote Originally Posted by Flippercon View Post
    That's a good question. I imagine Utah has less gun crime compared to the rest. I am sure there are plenty who want to leave because of this but the options are limited. Sucks to be between a rock and a hard place.
    Colorado state and U of Colorado. Forget which is which, but the one that banned handguns (till the recent court decision that corrected their foolishness) had a major increase in crimes while the one that allowed handguns saw crime take a significant nose dive.

Go figure! Whodathunkit?

But colleges/universities are run by people with letters after their names proving that they know how to think. Too bad those letters do not, instead, indicate they know how to think rationally.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

If you really want an alternative, and want to have your gun on your side......Online college. People have been doing it for years. Up through MAsters programs...AND CASTLE DOCTRINE WILL APPLY...
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone